AOF Addiction

Mikec265

I check all the time hoping for good news and parts. I don't want to ride my other bikes, especially now that my suspension is set up, and my gearing has changed to mellow out map 4 coming out of turns.
It's like I should sell all my other bikes and buy another Alta. I just can't part with a nice 2005 RM250, an 01 RM chassis with a KX500 in it, an 01 YZ125, or my chinese pitbike. I can afford another Alta, but I can't afford another wife. Plus the kids keep growing and needing bikes, and we are due for another dozer rental to make the track better. If I hit the lottery I'd buy at least 10 Altas just for more fun with my riding buddies.

Matt

E-Rider
As promised. Sorry for the mud spot, I cut out sections with the mud. Very muddy today. Very Fun. Used half a charge and went about 8 and a half miles. Average moving speed was 21.4 mph. Top speed was 52.5 mph. A lot of wheel spin. (Haven't put the new rear tire on yet). Map 2 riding.

F451

The worst is when you can't ride your Alta so you come here for a fix and there are NO NEW posts that you're interested in! What The F people?

Haven't been able to ride lately so am freaking out of course. Picked a couple of fights on line about electric bikes, but even that's unsatisfying, so tried bonding with the bike by replacing my bodge job Husky skid plate with a real skid plate. Holy cow, I love this SXS plate, can't wait to break it in.

IMG_4322-S.jpg

IMG_4331-S.jpg

Next up is to install a headlight, rear brake light, and the license plate so I can hoon around the neighborhood (sort of) legally. Have to order up the parts though so may be a bit before I'm able to do my grocery store errand running, can't wait.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
It's the weekend, we're all too busy getting out and doing things. Wait for Monday when everyone goes back to work, then we'll have time to spend online.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Sounds like RIDING AN ALTA can't even satiate the need to stay current on the AOF! o_O

Ok guys, I'm more than a little bit disappointed that some of the more geeky AOF members haven't yet hacked the Alta display module to connect to the internet and display the latest AltaOwnersForum.com updates on the screen. This is every bit as vital to my situational awareness as battery SOC and map selection. That way, when I pull over for a break from riding my Alta (to adjust the carb and clean the filters... ha ha, little ICE bike humor there!) then I can keep up on the latest celebrity Alta sightings and see how many Altas @Philip has in his living room this week. Or when I'm on a tight single-track and plunging precipitously towards that gnarly looking tree ahead (Damn you, Target Fixation!) I can quickly check the latest rumors on the ETA for replacement plastics or quickly order a new display and Alta Vault from the AOF Store. You know, important stuff like that.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Ok guys, I'm more than a little bit disappointed that some of the more geeky AOF members haven't yet hacked the Alta display module to connect to the internet and display the latest AltaOwnersForum.com updates on the screen. This is every bit as vital to my situational awareness as battery SOC and map selection. That way, when I pull over for a break from riding my Alta (to adjust the carb and clean the filters... ha ha, little ICE bike humor there!) then I can keep up on the latest celebrity Alta sightings and see how many Altas @Philip has in his living room this week. Or when I'm on a tight single-track and plunging precipitously towards that gnarly looking tree ahead (Damn you, Target Fixation!) I can quickly check the latest rumors on the ETA for replacement plastics or quickly order a new display and Alta Vault from the AOF Store. You know, important stuff like that.

Me reading AOF on my Alta display while riding in the woods...

Tree.gif