Alta Redshift ST concept

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
From Alta Motors | REDSHIFT ST. Saved for posterity, and to keep reminding Alta to actually build one of these.

?format=1500w.png

TrackerLA+%2885+of+106%29.jpg

TrackerProto_ISO2.jpgTrackerProto_ISO.jpgTrackerProto_ControlDetail.jpgTrackerProto_MotorDetail.jpgTrackerProto_ShockDetail.jpg

?format=300w.png
The Redshift ST is a conceptual look into what the future could look like for street tracker fans. The combination of 38 lb-ft of torque and low 250lb weight, gives the Redshift ST a clear advantage in urban environments. Built using our current Redshift platform, the tracker project was all about making the Redshift's looks aligned with its smooth seamless power delivery. The Redshift ST has a low 31" seat height and 19" wheels with DOT Mitas tires. This is flat track racing and urban commuting in one hooligan-sized package.

?format=1500w.jpg

DSC05340.jpg

DSC05344.jpg

DSC05347.jpg

DSC05354.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

DSC05404.jpg

DSC05424.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

DSC05360.jpg

DSC05359.jpg

Screen+Shot+2018-07-06+at+3.33.34+PM.png

CONTACT : info@altamotors.co | MEDIA : marketing@altamotors.co | PHONE : (415) 230-0755 ©2016 ALTA MOTORS

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
trackerproto_motordetail-jpg.1051
Ouch! The right footpeg and the rear brake relocation. The first tip-over and the rear brake will be gone, and the $500-dollar motor housing tab will be broken off.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
No kickstand...
But hey, an awesome tool for getting around the city.

It's a concept bike. The only reason for stopping is for the photographer. :ricky:

I have actually been casually looking for a set of 19 inch KTM dirt track wheels for the EXR, however not sure I want to be the first to try this out. The power pulse timing of the twin and single flat track bikes is a big factor in getting traction on the slick dirt tracks. Honda discovered this after spending a ton of money back in the 80's and finally ended up with the v-twin RS750. The seamless electric power and torque of the Redshift could be a big disadvantage; although might still be fun. I wonder if ALTA will get someone to take this on a track??

AFT Singles class eligible in 2019 ?? Holeshots create a huge advantage in flat track !

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I have actually been casually looking for a set of 19 inch KTM dirt track wheels for the EXR, however not sure I want to be the first to try this out. The power pulse timing of the twin and single flat track bikes is a big factor in getting traction on the slick dirt tracks. Honda discovered this after spending a ton of money back in the 80's and finally ended up with the v-twin RS750. The seamless electric power and torque of the Redshift could be a big disadvantage; although might still be fun. I wonder if ALTA will get someone to take this on a track??
Alta's factory team raced a few flat track and (I think) supermoto events. They won the first one that they entered, and did well in others. There are Youtube videos of dominating performance on ice as well.

Derek Dorresteyn, the Alta's CTO, is a former flat track racer. He wanted to built a better flat track bike than those that were available, so he build an electric one. I believe that he did not make a mistake. I think, in those situations when a controlled slide is required, an electric motor should have no equals.