Where Can Your Race On Your Stark

Beagle

Great article 👍

One thing the AMA made clear is that race organizers supplemental rules need to be approved by the AMA.
Like electrics having been authorized to race in AMA Endurocross for years via supplemental rules but nothing guarantees that will be the case this year.

Dieter Rudolf raced the Varg in 2 rounds of Austria hard enduro championship in 2023, it can be expected in 2024 in lots more European Enduro championships. Stark just officially signed Eddie Karlsson so there's definitely more Enduro to come.

In France 2023 SX tour Thomas Do was competing in SX2 (against 250s). In 2024 SX tour there should be 2 official Stark riders in SX1 (Bogle, Zaragoza), and another 2 in SX2.

In 2024, in France, as in Australia, you can race your Varg in any championship (pro or amateur): MX, SX, enduro, Supermoto, flat track and so on.

bayodome

Great article 👍

One thing the AMA made clear is that race organizers supplemental rules need to be approved by the AMA.
Like electrics having been authorized to race in AMA Endurocross for years via supplemental rules but nothing guarantees that will be the case this year.

Dieter Rudolf raced the Varg in 2 rounds of Austria hard enduro championship in 2023, it can be expected in 2024 in lots more European Enduro championships. Stark just officially signed Eddie Karlsson so there's definitely more Enduro to come.

In France 2023 SX tour Thomas Do was competing in SX2 (against 250s). In 2024 SX tour there should be 2 official Stark riders in SX1 (Bogle, Zaragoza), and another 2 in SX2.

In 2024, in France, as in Australia, you can race your Varg in any championship (pro or amateur): MX, SX, enduro, Supermoto, flat track and so on.
Is that right for France? That must be new, since Do was not allowed to accrue point in the SX Tour. If so, I will certainly update the article to include.

Beagle

Is that right for France? That must be new, since Do was not allowed to accrue point in the SX Tour. If so, I will certainly update the article to include.
Well the official FFM article is very short on details:

"Electrification of disciplines: In view of the social and environmental challenges facing our sport, the French Motocross Championships will fully integrate electric bikes into the regulations. The Moto-Ball discipline, for its part, continues its transition with the acquisition of 30 electric machines for Moto-Clubs competing in the Junior category."

Don't get me started on what moto-ball is, if you think you know a niche sport, think again 🤣

Moto verte article: Licences, circuits, MX électrique... Ce qu'il faut retenir des décisions de la FFM - Moto-Station

"Electricity at the heart of discussions.
President Sébastien Poirier is keen to place the FFM at the forefront of innovation. There's no question of letting ourselves be overwhelmed by the changing characteristics of our leisure activities and/or sports. The emergence of high-performance electric motorcycles (in this case, the Stark Varg!) has convinced him to introduce them in all MX, 250 and Open championships by 2024, alongside combustion-powered machines. It's up to the federation's "technical" sector to provide the necessary control devices to check power before the rounds. One more manufacturer comes into play to aim for the podiums in Elite or in our leagues. President Poirier also made it clear that it was up to the circuits, and them alone, to provide recharging facilities for electric bikes..."

So unlike in 2023 FFM tests, electrics should be properly included in all championships, and I'll be glad to see the Varg in SX1 instead of SX2 where the weight handicap compared to 250 was just too much. We should also see some racing outdoors, maybe not Elite 30 min races but National (and regional leagues 20 min races) is a strong possibility.

Still waiting for technical details for France but there is all you wish for on Motorcycle Australia website, they are more than ready

"Disciplines in which the Stark Varg is eligible to compete:
- MX

- Dirt Track, Track & Flat Track.
- Supermoto

- Enduro (including Hard & Super)
MX2 Class equivalent – a maximum output of up to 48hp/36kw.
MX1 Class equivalent – a maximum output of up to 60hp/45kw.
E3 & Open (All Powers) Class equivalent - a maximum output of up to 80hp/60kw."

Beagle

Here is the link for 2024 France MX technical regulations: Règlement Technique Motocross - 2024

"Electric motorcycles are eligible to participate in all national championships provided they went through an expertise to determine in which category they should race. Motorcycles able to change "capacity" (they mean horsepower) must come equiped with a system to control and/or set "capacity" for the duration of the event."

That's precisely what's been done in Australia and why Stark develop the race option in the app.

In fact 2024 France enduro rules do not mention electric dirtbikes so their authorization to compete may not be as wide as in Australia.

Beagle

DonCox

The E-Open class is now in the Daytona Vintage and ATV Supercross just a couple of days ago. There were only 3 bikes in the E-Open race. Matt Burkeen , Derek Timm and I didn't get the third persons name. Matt got his first taste of riding an E-Motorcycle just a couple days before this race, If you want to watch that, go to my newest post on this forum, "AMA and Electric Motorcycles ", post #114.
But here is the Daytona Vintage race. The E-Open races were at :40 minutes in and 4 hours and 10 minutes in. There is a lot of good racing in all 7 hours of that race day.
Lets all show up at Daytona next year, and fill that line with Electrics. I think we have Ricky Carmichael to thank for making the E-Open class happen.

Beagle

MXGP just announced an e-class for 2026 as support class for 5-6 European rounds.

That's a long time to define rules and so on, will be weird to see support class times on par or faster than the main class 😆

HadesOmega

If you have a supermoto Varg you can race it in the Shasta Supermoto and Sierra Nevada Supermoto Championships. They have open classes which is where I think the Varg will fit in, or you can race in a vet class. Should give you FS450s a good race. You might be able to race in 450 class also. I race my Redshift in the 250 class.

428283173_902353878524144_6789282928191924832_n-X2.jpg

516498_122119356092185879_7285546982277085099_n-X2.jpg

Beagle

It's really cool for them to upload the race footage. I won't watch the whole 2 h, it doesn't look like he had to swap for a new battery?

Edit : 53% left after 1h24
Screenshot_20240422-123701.png

38% left after 1h52
Screenshot_20240422-124237.png

Did not find a clear view but he must have finished with little over 20% battery after 2h20 race on a single charge.

Also take a look at the start of the race, takes Le Mans style starts to another level !

F451

It's really cool for them to upload the race footage. I won't watch the whole 2 h, it doesn't look like he had to swap for a new battery?

Edit : 53% left after 1h24
View attachment 11237

38% left after 1h52
View attachment 11238

Did not find a clear view but he must have finished with little over 20% battery after 2h20 race on a single charge.

Also take a look at the start of the race, takes Le Mans style starts to another level !
I was exhausted just from watching the foot race at the start. Then I got more exhausted watching the riding in that terrain, Lol.

jcozine

Perfect race for it. 2hr cutoff and 10km laps, looks like he did 4 so he got in about 25 total miles. I wonder if he has Stark factory support to open up the battery range or improve throttle mapping for offroad

Beagle

Perfect race for it. 2hr cutoff and 10km laps, looks like he did 4 so he got in about 25 total miles. I wonder if he has Stark factory support to open up the battery range or improve throttle mapping for offroad

He is an official Stark rider

Beagle

Eddie interview is interesting, like they may need to swap batteries for a couple races but that wouldn't be an issue since they got that down to 1min30s! Obviously that's for factory riders but quick swap are probably in consideration for the Enduro version or Varg 2.0.
They have not given up hope to race AMA Endurocross, Taddie and Eddie would be quite the team.

One thing Enduro21 got wrong was the battery consumption, he started with 95%, not 80% (screenshot below shows 94% after the first minute in the race). So that's not 50% battery used for 2.5 h racing but more like 70% after 2.3 h (2h20min) race. Still pretty respectable.

Screenshot_20240424-212054.png