What is everyone's revised delivery dates?

rayivers

Two Stark dealers returned my calls today - Ryan at Starr Cycle in MN, and Anthony at BigBoyzToys in eastern NY.

Ryan told me there's a functional Stark demo touring the US now (I think it's for dealer employees & designates only) & his two dealer-demos are scheduled to ship 8/8/23 - not sure if that's fm Sweden or the Stark Houston warehouse. He got to ride the Varg (VIN #67) at reduced power, and really liked it. The Stark rep was really cautious with the bike, as it's got a long way to go yet. I asked if the firmware had throttle-map editing (a real biggie for me) and traction control, he wasn't sure. He'd seen Josh Sheehan on X Games so I inquired about lightweight batteries - hopefully he'll ask the rep about them next time he calls. Starr ordered 50 Vargs.

Anthony told me Starks "are starting to trickle into the US, our reps are starting to get theirs", so I imagine his situation's basically the same. I'll definitely head over there as soon as his demos arrive.

erSitzt

Got my payment email today.
The text seems to be translated, as it is not a complete sentence in german :)
Not sure if its meant so say "pay until 15. Sept" or if this date has something to do with the delivery date...

1693510962835.png

rk42

Got my payment email today.
The text seems to be translated, as it is not a complete sentence in german :)
Not sure if its meant so say "pay until 15. Sept" or if this date has something to do with the delivery date...

View attachment 10290
This is definitely the payment deadline, I paid in full on the 13th of July and received confirmation on the 3rd of August that the bike is "in line for production". So far that was the last update. I'm from Austria so your timeline will be similar I guess.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Delivery updated from January 24 to April 24🤬 - I'll be immediately selling unit once delivered - sorry Stark 1.5 year wait is excessive! I'm through waiting.

erSitzt

@Bionicman what did you expect ?
Completely new company with completely new bike, no existing customer base, no other indication on how the orders/demand will go... everyone who expected a product on time was delusional. Sure i did hope to get my bike on time too ( end of last year ), but i never expected it work out.
Even with big car companies like VW here in germany, you have delivery times of 6 month to a year sometimes.

This is a new company, give them time... better than a bad product on time.
And if the Varg turns out to be bad in some regards... too bad, nobody had to preorder :)

Dont be angry, everyone has to wait ;)

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
My initial QUOTED delivery was nearly a year prior AFTER my initial deposit. This is the 3rd delivery revision. 8 months out! Sorry Stark. Im Out! Alta did this like 10years ago.

AL_V

My estimated delivery date was just changed from September 30, 2023 to December 15, 2023.
No email, just checked my order on their website...

F451

My initial QUOTED delivery was nearly a year prior AFTER my initial deposit. This is the 3rd delivery revision. 8 months out! Sorry Stark. Im Out! Alta did this like 10years ago.

I was hanging in their until I learned the bike ballooned to 265 lbs. Add in the continuous delivery delays and exactly zero direct communications to me from Stark, then to learn the dealers are getting demo inventory before early order customers.

Um, no.

I'd like my $100 back.

I already owned a 265 lb e-dirt bike, from way back in 2018. Was looking forward to next gen performance, weight, range, etc.

Still waiting.

Chadx

It was only $100 to hold a spot in line for a product that would obviously have delays. Not like we had to pay for the entire bike up front and then wait years and years. $100 is the price of a nice dinner out or a tank of fuel in the pickup. For that you get a front row seat into the life cycle of a new product. And at least $1,000 off the current price (since there was a $1,000 price increase since initial preorders and perhaps another around the corner). That is around a 9x return on investment. No place else i could have gotten that return in the meantime. Plus, it's been entertaining if nothing else.

Everyone can just enjoy your current bike in the meantime. When the Vargs start arriving in high volumes, either go through with your order or don't.

I ordered bike 1 on Dec. 14 (first day). My latest estimate was Sep 30, 2023 and i has moved to Dec. 15, 2023. (I'm in USA). My other Varg orders have slid back similarly.

Ethos

I'm disappointed with the communication - not the delays.
Delaying a year is one thing - but delivering a bike in mid December might as well be next spring in my location. The timing is just really bad.

raita

Date de commande 10 février 2022 , nouvelle date livraison 15 mrs 2024 cela plus de deux ans d'attente ça commence à faire beaucoup , je regrette le manque d'information de la part de Stark Varg

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I was hanging in their until I learned the bike ballooned to 265 lbs. Add in the continuous delivery delays and exactly zero direct communications to me from Stark, then to learn the dealers are getting demo inventory before early order customers.

Um, no.

I'd like my $100 back.

I already owned a 265 lb e-dirt bike, from way back in 2018. Was looking forward to next gen performance, weight, range, etc.

Still waiting.
Fully agree

AL_V

I'm disappointed with the communication - not the delays.
Delaying a year is one thing - but delivering a bike in mid December might as well be next spring in my location. The timing is just really bad.
Agree, I'm in Ohio, so middle of December is the absolute worst time for delivery. Now I'm hoping for another 2-3 months delay.
I read somewhere that they will allow you to delay your delivery without a price increase when they ask for the payment.

Chadx

I read somewhere that they will allow you to delay your delivery without a price increase when they ask for the payment.

Correct. Stark has co firmed via email to several people that a person can push your delivery date later if desired.

Tuomas

Mine delivery date moved today from 30th of June 2023 to 14th of September, so two days from now. I don't hold my breath 😅 Got the email to pay week ago, now the status is ready for production... Ordered it right away when website was holding up on 14th of Dec. Living in Finland. Just hoping that I will get the bike before it starts to snow and season is over... First wait almost two years that you will get the bike to the garage, then 6 months just watching your new Varg waiting that the snow melts. But I am convinced that it is worth that wait!

SubSonic

talked to a dealer that has 4 bikes that delevery date is December -
he said more likely February

Varg will be worth the wait -
when Starlink first came out I had to wait 11 months to get dish - Totally worth it -