Varg turns on in Neutral, cannot select mode

RJS

Hello all. New member and new owner, with a problem out of the gate:

When turning on, I get the green light immediately, the phone lights up and indicates neutral. The mode buttons do not cycle between modes, and the throttle therefore remains inert. Any information would be helpful. My local dealer (Lynnwood motoplex) does not know.
Thanks for reading.

Robert

Foss

Try doing a hard shutdown. Once powered off (flashing red light) hold both (+) and (-) for 15-20 seconds until it flashes white briefly once. Once it is completely off, make sure the bike isn’t plugged into the adapter and proceed to turn the bike back on. Then hit the bottom (-) button which should put it in map 1. Then you can toggle through all other 4 maps using the (+) button.

RJS

Try doing a hard shutdown. Once powered off (flashing red light) hold both (+) and (-) for 15-20 seconds until it flashes white briefly once. Once it is completely off, make sure the bike isn’t plugged into the adapter and proceed to turn the bike back on. Then hit the bottom (-) button which should put it in map 1. Then you can toggle through all other 4 maps using the (+) button.
Wow Foss... That worked. Strangely it was less that one second after pressing the two mode buttons simultaneously that I saw the white light flash, and that did it. Foss, I owe you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you from here. (Kirkland WA.) Is that hard shutdown common knowledge? My dealer did not know of it.
In any event, many thanks!

Robert

mike61

That's right. It is not in the manual.
AND
When I push both buttons + and - it is tricky.
Sometimes it quits with white flash after some seconds, sometimes it takes appr. 25 seconds.
Using the button unit is not the best solution. They should install an ordinary switch to SWITCH OFF completely.
And it is SAFER!

Reactions: RJS

Foss

That's right. It is not in the manual.
AND
When I push both buttons + and - it is tricky.
Sometimes it quits with white flash after some seconds, sometimes it takes appr. 25 seconds.
Using the button unit is not the best solution. They should install an ordinary switch to SWITCH OFF completely.
And it is SAFER!
The increased time for a hard shutdown is the recent firmware flash for the extended battery life on the bike. The reason why, is a hard shutdown should only be used as troubleshooting and not best practice to use when storing the bike. The hibernation/soft shutdown (flashing red light) is the proper way the bike should be stored when not in use. Stark Future did not go much into detail but hinted that the soft shutdown is to assure battery integrity for long term lifecycle use.

mike61

Hi Foss!
Thank you for this information.
I didn't know that and I didn't read that anywhere.
You are right, it has changed after updating.
So I will change my "switching modes" from now.

Torqu3

Stark have any plans for a storage mode with the charger plugged in, let the bike float the charge between 30% and 50% unattended?
I hope so. We should be able to set the maximum charge % as well as scheduled charging where you can set a time to be at a certain %. I'm sure we will see some of these features in time.