using the Varg app on a non-Stark phone

Theo

Have you tried using tha app on a device which is not the Stark smartphone? Does it work? Have you noticed any conflict with the interaction of the Stark phone with the motorcycle?
I guess that it should be usable provided the Varg phone is not running the app or, even better, if it's turned off.
This could be useful in case you forget or lose the Stark phone and especially for those people who have removed the phone cradle.
The only possilbe hazard that I see is that if your phone has been hacked someone can affect the behaviour of the bike, but I think it's an unlikely event.

mike61

Impossible to install.
But I stopped then without checking why.
Maybe the phone or Android version, no idea.

Jocke_D

The app is locked to this phone model. Don't know the details but the publisher (Stark) can lock what kind of phone the app is possible to download to.

Theo

The app is locked to this phone model. Don't know the details but the publisher (Stark) can lock what kind of phone the app is possible to download to.
I've just noticed that in the FAQ pdf file downloadable from the Support section of the Stark website they have written that only the Stark phone can connect to the Varg.
No wonder then that the app is locked to that phone model.