Unresponsive motorcycle

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Haven’t been home last couple weeks
Bike ran as normal when put up in living room
Turn key on bike & absolutely no response
Plug in charger no response

Will take to dealer later this week for the recall & figure out why it doesn’t run with under 100mi

This is the 1 & only time this bike is a proverbial paper weight next time it will be sold

🤬

snydes

Staff member
Haven’t been home last couple weeks
Bike ran as normal when put up in living room
Turn key on bike & absolutely no response
Plug in charger no response

Will take to dealer later this week for the recall & figure out why it doesn’t run with under 100mi

This is the 1 & only time this bike is a proverbial paper weight next time it will be sold

🤬

That sucks. Hope it’s something simple like a switch. I had to just go and check mine too....

Mark911

There's got to be a quick "reboot" process. When in doubt, unplug the darn thing. I mean really turn the power off to the control modules by removing the harness connectors (including the main and aux power connectors on the battery pack). That might get it to work.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Hopefully the dealer isn't far, and is willing to look at it quickly.

On the other hand, I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that parks their Alta in the living room.

Rob41

Chief Engineer
I know the wait has to be painful. I hope when they find the issue it's one of those things you won't be concerned about happening again.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
need to give Kudos when due

I will say ALTA customer service is awesome & personable that I hope continues as they grow

the closest Alta dealer carries Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Star, Polaris, Indian, Motus among others
I exchanged a few emails with Alta customer service & shortly after received a personal phone call from said dealer service manager to bring my Alta EXR ASAP to troubleshoot my issue!

Now for a dealer with this kinda clout & issues with much larger more established manufacturers to give me a personal call to bring my bike in for immediate attention I find a pretty big deal & commendable - THANK YOU ALTA!

You guys/gals Rock!:ricky: