Tucker's trail ride video on the Varg

happyinmotion

Seems like there's some easy fixes there.

I'll likely be getting a wider kickstand foot as the ground is mush around here. It's no drama to get a taller foot.

Chadx

Yeah, making a kickstand taller is much easier, and less permanent, than making one shorter. And even with one too short, it's easy to find a way to stand it on varied terrain compared to one that is too long. Besides, no gas, etc. so even with no kickstand, if there is no tree or post to lean it against, just lay it on it's side (as a last resort).

Swank171

The price is a good point….I’d be curious what the customers that didn’t make the price cutoff and what they are paying.

This game with sales tax and bikes that have no title is getting old. I’ve bought from multiple dealers in ca and paid zero tax cause the bikes have no title. Why is it some dealers “have to” charge tax and some don’t…? I’m sure there is an explanation but I just don’t understand it.

Chadx

...I’d be curious what the customers that didn’t make the price cutoff and what they are paying.

The June 01, 2022 price bump was $1,000 increase and the prices have not gone up since then. The classy thing was they announced the June 01 price increase on May 29, so that gave anyone sitting on the fence, or wanting to order a second bike, three days to order at the original price before the increase was effective.

You can price a bike on the website right now and see the current price and current estimated delivery date. Example, a 60hp without adding any paid options, is $12,900USD + $99USDshipping. 80hp alpha is $13,900USD + $99USD shipping. Both are $1,000 more than before the June 01, 2022 price increase. And, as of today, August 12, 2023, the estimated delivery date is February 21, 2025).

Swank171

The June 01, 2022 price bump was $1,000 increase and the prices have not gone up since then. The classy thing was they announced the June 01 price increase on May 29, so that gave anyone sitting on the fence, or wanting to order a second bike, three days to order at the original price before the increase was effective.

You can price a bike on the website right now and see the current price and current estimated delivery date. Example, a 60hp without adding any paid options, is $12,900USD + $99USDshipping. 80hp alpha is $13,900USD + $99USD shipping. Both are $1,000 more than before the June 01, 2022 price increase. And, as of today, August 12, 2023, the estimated delivery date is February 21, 2025).
Thanks for the reply. I understand the pricing and remember when they announced it as well as giving people time to take advantage of the sale.

My question may not have been clear as I was referring to the video and his comment about 1k tax charge.

I bought Dec 17 2021. I’m locked in, sounds like I’ll be getting a 1k tax smack. I’m curious when the customers that bought after price hike get the same 1k tax. I ask cause as I was saying, I have purchased many bikes. Electric motions(multiple) Surrons (ultra bee and multiple light bees) a CAKE, cobra, ktm and husqvarna. In my experience some dealers wanted to “tax” me on a bike that has no title and the dealers I ended up buying from sold to me “tax free”.

Im more wanting an answer to the tax requirement question from someone who has a dealership and can explain if some dealers are “getting away” with not taxing as a loophole and the tax is legit, or if the “tax” is an added fee in disguise.

My curiosity is if stark is trying to get us on the backside for having the bike 1k cheaper.

Chadx

10-4. I follow you now. Well, if Stark is charging a line item listed as "Sales Tax", they are not pocketing anything from that as that would be illegal. They have to turn that over to the entity (State or Local/City) for which they are collecting tax on behalf. So no way a tax can be an added fee in disguise that Stark is keeping.
But, agreed that there will likely be some confusion on their part on when they must collect sales tax. Not sure if there are dealerships in every state yet, but often the difference in a retailer collection sales tax or not depends on if they have a brick and mortar store in the State where the buyer resides. If yes, then they charge sales tax, and turn that over to the State, just like would occur of the buyer purchased as a brick and mortar. Starks come with a Certificate of Origin, unlike a Surron and others, so I would expect there is a good change Stark would collect your State (and maybe County/City) sales tax at the time of sale. And if that is the case, for two individuals living in the same zip code I would expect those that ordered after the price increase to pay the exact same percentage as a person that ordered before the increase. If that is the case, since the percent is the same but the sale price is $1,000 more, the second person would pay a dollar amount that is more.
Example:
6% sales tax on $13,000 = $780.
6% sales tax on $14,000 is $840.

Brillie35

Make Alta Great Again
Initially the stark bike's price was including VAT.
Now all off a sudden it's excluded.
Here in the Netherlands that's a extra 21%.
I even double checked this when they first announced the bike for pre order.

Knipsel.JPG

Chadx

Wanted to get the word directly from Stark rather than speculate. Here is my email and their response....

Chad
Aug 14, 2023, 15:37 GMT+2
Hi,
I have a Varg on preorder (first day order). Some buyers have reported being surprised by extra taxes when they go to make their final payment for an online order. Please outline how, or if, taxes will be charged for my online Varg purchase. I'm in the U.S.A. so VAT will not be collected, correct? How does Stark determine what, if any, State taxes (or County/Local taxes) to charge to US residents? And if Stark collects such taxes, is it correct that Stark sends those collected taxes to the State, how is that shown on the receipt so one does not get double taxed? And if a person lives in a State that does not collect sales tax, please confirm that no sales tax will be collected.
Thanks,
Chad

Sales (Stark Future)
Aug 14, 2023, 22:17 GMT+2
Hi Chad -

Thanks for your order and being amongst our first customers. In regards to collection of taxes, our checkout page states that our price is "*Excluding Taxes & Other fees". Upon final invoice and checkout, our customers will be billed for all applicable sales taxes in their state (rather than VAT). Stark Future USA has a business registration with every state and will submit the taxes we've collected accordingly. We've hired one of the world's most prominent accounting firms to help us manage this aspect of our business.

Kind regards,

Jack
Best regards,
Stark Future Team

Swank171

I spoke with stark about this and this will based on physical shipping address, not on billing address. If you have it shipped to one of the 5 states that has zero sales tax then that’s your sales tax rate.