Stark Map Recommendations

mbw479

What map settings is everyone running? I have mine coming in the next month, I am thinking of making map 1 -20hp, 2 -30hp, 3 -40hp, 4 -50hp, 5 -60hp and switching between them to figure out what works best. I currently ride a gas gas 350 through the forest, but have no problem riding a 250 to 500, with clutch and throttle control you can make all of them feel the same. Also engine braking recommendations, not sure what to do there yet, just play with settings until it feels right. Thanks

Jocke_D

I usually have my settings at 30-40-50-60-80. Max regen all the time.
Haven't done that much riding in the same place yet that I've felt the need to use smaller intervalls like 30-35-40-35 etc. Still being occupied by getting blown away how great the bike is.

rk42

My baseline is 48hp, it's my sweet spot on most hardpack tracks around here, adjusting for faster or deep tracks. My aim is always to utilize the full throttle range. If I'm not, I'll dial back the power, if I'm maxing out constantly, I'll crank it up. I keep a 65hp+ map handy for those tricky jumps, and switching maps while jumping or coming into a corner gets easier with a bit of practice. For engine braking, I start at 60, tweaking it based on track conditions - higher if it's slippery, lower for more grippy dirt.

mbw479

I usually have my settings at 30-40-50-60-80. Max regen all the time.
Haven't done that much riding in the same place yet that I've felt the need to use smaller intervalls like 30-35-40-35 etc. Still being occupied by getting blown away how great the bike is.
This could work for me, how slow is 30hp? Will it sit on 60kph at 30hp?

rayivers

My aim is always to utilize the full throttle range.

For me it's the opposite - I want the least possible throttle rotation that still gives me excellent control, so I don't have to change my right hand/arm position much (especially while standing). I mainly use map 4 on my Alta for this reason, and it's also why I considered Stark's promise of customizable throttle maps such a big selling point.

sand300

I like map 1 45-50hp as it gives very good predictable power modulation. have map 2 65hp for when the track opens up

Jocke_D

This could work for me, how slow is 30hp? Will it sit on 60kph at 30hp?
I don't know what it means to "sit" on 60kph but it will for sure reach 60. No problem :)
I did my first enduro ride with the Varg a couple of months ago in a new place with really cool material. It's like the leftover crushed material from a mine. It's like a really dark dust that takes bit of time to get used to. I used 30hp in the black stuff and switched to 40 when the lap finished with a lap of the MX track.
If I go back I'll try for 40 even in the black stuff now that I've gotten more used to the bike.
Don't know how representative the video is but it's something :)

Swank171

So I placed my order December 17 of 21 and I ordered the 80 hp foot rake 19 inch rear wheel. I’m in California and Starke has pretty much been met with a brick wall as far as delivering to any of us here because my state makes everything painful.

Curious for those of you who own if you had to do it again, would you be happy with a 60 hp? I feel like anything over 60 hp is crazy but I also have not written one. I ask because I have an opportunity to take an order, but it’s a 60 hp coming to another state, that order will be here before mine because they are in another state, and I am still struggling to figure out how my order can get to me here.

Long story short, for someone who raced Motocross his entire life and will mostly use it on tracks chasing my kid who races now would you guys be happy with 60 hp? Or are you glad you got the 80 because you actually use 60+ on the regular.

sand300

if you buy the 60hp model you can always pay to have it upgraded to 80hp at a later date.
tbh yes I do use mine in 80hp for larking about but for real riding (motocross and enduro) I'm usually between 40-55hp.

anything more to us mere mortals is wasted

AL_V

So I placed my order December 17 of 21 and I ordered the 80 hp foot rake 19 inch rear wheel. I’m in California and Starke has pretty much been met with a brick wall as far as delivering to any of us here because my state makes everything painful.

Curious for those of you who own if you had to do it again, would you be happy with a 60 hp? I feel like anything over 60 hp is crazy but I also have not written one. I ask because I have an opportunity to take an order, but it’s a 60 hp coming to another state, that order will be here before mine because they are in another state, and I am still struggling to figure out how my order can get to me here.

Long story short, for someone who raced Motocross his entire life and will mostly use it on tracks chasing my kid who races now would you guys be happy with 60 hp? Or are you glad you got the 80 because you actually use 60+ on the regular.

You can change your order up until you pay (add or remove the 80hp, kickstand, change color, rear wheel diameter, rider weight, hand or foot brake).
Also you can have your order directed to a nearby state, in fact, I just received this email from Stark:

>Really sorry for the mistake, after checking Ohio we are still waiting for the license there.
>As our team is based in Spain we made an error when checking the State.
>At the moment we can offer these States that are the closest available: Kentucky, West Virginia Or Michigan
>Again sorry for the mistake and let us know if you still want to change or if you prefer to wait until we can deliver in your State.

Swank171

You can change your order up until you pay (add or remove the 80hp, kickstand, change color, rear wheel diameter, rider weight, hand or foot brake).
Also you can have your order directed to a nearby state, in fact, I just received this email from Stark:

>Really sorry for the mistake, after checking Ohio we are still waiting for the license there.
>As our team is based in Spain we made an error when checking the State.
>At the moment we can offer these States that are the closest available: Kentucky, West Virginia Or Michigan
>Again sorry for the mistake and let us know if you still want to change or if you prefer to wait until we can deliver in your State.
I think the change from 60-80 would warrant a price increase to current 80HP and not the grandfathered 1k cheaper….im not sure we can go from 60 to 80 and keep our pre production pricing…?

mbw479

It is the cheapest 20hp anyone will ever buy, so if you dont need it I dont see it as a big loss. I know a lot of people that have paid $1000+ for an exhaust that might give them an extra 1hp they don't need, I never have, but I did order the 80hp Stark.

rayivers

Re the 80hp - all my electric bikes have dropped power output as they aged, so imo it's best to start out with more than may be needed at the time. Btw, Josh the Stark rep told me 60hp bikes can not be converted to 80hp later (possibly an EU regulatory thing, idk).

AL_V

I think the change from 60-80 would warrant a price increase to current 80HP and not the grandfathered 1k cheaper….im not sure we can go from 60 to 80 and keep our pre production pricing…?
As far as I know, you CAN make these changes and keep pre-production pricing. But I always get answers from Stark in one or two business days, so I suggest you ask them if it’s something you are considering.

Beagle

I can't really answer your question though that will not prevent me from posting 😁
From what I've seen the majority of orders seem to be 80 hp so I would expect it to be easier to resell later. Also some experienced riders (pro but amateurs as well) reported using 80 hp in the sand so it can be useful for some tracks for skilled riders.

Swank171

Well the bike is already in a container so the option to make changes is not happening! Haha. I’ll keep you guys posted on if this “container” ever actually makes it to land.

AL_V

Well the bike is already in a container so the option to make changes is not happening! Haha. I’ll keep you guys posted on if this “container” ever actually makes it to land.
Well then you must have already paid, but at least it’s finally on the way! Are you in California, but having it sent to a nearby state?

Swank171

Well then you must have already paid, but at least it’s finally on the way! Are you in California, but having it sent to a nearby state?
I’m in CA. It has shipped now and I did pay. I have a vin and all the good stuff.

Use power motorsports in Oregon.

Call and ask for Matt Williams and he will get you hooked up with a shipper too. You need to have your delivery dealership changed to them.

They are up to speed on stark and aren’t clueless like most dealers are. It’s seamless…just don’t contact them unless you are serious about getting your order changed to them.