Stark home delivery? Dealer pre-order? Out-of-state dealer?

rayivers

I spent the last few days gathering prices & info, and now I think I'll just let Stark deliver my bike as planned, rather than canceling & pre-ordering from an out-of-state dealer.

These are my numbers (80hp, sidestand, foot brake):

Stark home delivery:: @ $14K (TBD, includes state sales tax)

In-state dealer preorder: @ $14.1K out the door (includes sales tax & $1.2K non-refundable deposit)

Out-of-state dealer preorder: $14,475 OTD (no sales tax, deposit unknown)

Some good news is that if the bike's never registered, there shouldn't be any local town property tax (for me that would've been @ $250/yr to start, dropping annually).

I'm glad I'm having it drop-shipped. The other time I did it worked out great, no dealer or transport issues.

Swank171

I’ve been shopping around so cal and man these dealers are greedy. Cheapest OTD I found so far is 16k.

Flavor
80hp
Foot brake

Amount over msrp is based on
-State tax
-Title/license fees ( I will not be registering this…it’s just ridiculous they are trying to imply you have to)
-Setup/crate (some at at 600$ some have quoted 800) to “make sure it’s built and dialed in”….my 7 year old could put this bike together.

This is also from the 2 dealers that have demos and say “no one will ever ride them, they are considered collectors…” haha. So lame!!

Fun bike center and Temecula motorsports are the shops if you were wondering.

3 brothers is offering test m/demo rides and a better deal….no real numbers for OTD cause they don’t have one yet.

I’m still considering going to a 60hp and saving another 1k on my OG Dec 17 21 order….I doubt besides a party truck I’ll never use 80HP

erSitzt

I’ve been shopping around so cal and man these dealers are greedy. Cheapest OTD I found so far is 16k.

Flavor
80hp
Foot brake

Amount over msrp is based on
-State tax
-Title/license fees ( I will not be registering this…it’s just ridiculous they are trying to imply you have to)
-Setup/crate (some at at 600$ some have quoted 800) to “make sure it’s built and dialed in”….my 7 year old could put this bike together.

This is also from the 2 dealers that have demos and say “no one will ever ride them, they are considered collectors…” haha. So lame!!

Fun bike center and Temecula motorsports are the shops if you were wondering.

3 brothers is offering test m/demo rides and a better deal….no real numbers for OTD cause they don’t have one yet.

I’m still considering going to a 60hp and saving another 1k on my OG Dec 17 21 order….I doubt besides a party truck I’ll never use 80HP

For anyone considering the 80HP... i did all my riding on the track with less than 50 and it felt identical to my CRF450
I never had a test ride, just ordered. If i had done a test ride, i would never have upgraded my order to 80HP...

80HP is a nice addon if you want to experience real fear from time to time... ;)