Stark going the way of Alta?

Fog 25

I don’t know now true this is, theres an article at Latest that Stark is going into SuperEnduro with Taddy Blazusiak for 2024 season. If true is Stark branching out of their field (MX) too soon to other disciplines? How that workout for Alta?

Swank171

Haha, you have to be kidding me. Whatever. This bike is just a novelty still. With how many orders are being withdrawn due to people not likening the ever changing delivery plan and the 2 we have here in so cal at my local dealer marked under 15k just sitting for a LONG time now…..not looking great. The economic timing couldn’t be worse either.

The average consumer has been being crushed by inflation the us government wont even acknowledge and 13k dirt bikes or 8k mtn bikes are not exactly “necessary…” sort of something you get when we are in times of “abundance”. Maybe when QE comes back we will see some life. For now everywhere you go inventory is stagnant.

Dirt-E

I got to try an 80hp version of the stark over the weekend. To say the least, I was pretty astounded by the performance. That's not to say it won't have its detractors, just like Alta did back in their day, but this bike truly is a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

Alta was never for budget-minded people. The costs were just too high. But if you had the spare cash to plunk down on one, they have proven to be some of the best bikes you could ever get your hands on.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with the stark unless something catastrophic happened to it and the warranty didn't cover it. My worry is this is just another excuse for them not to be able to go mainstream. They don't have the range for sure, but they're obscene amounts of fun for the distance they're capable of going. That's more than enough for me. My Alta still rips hard enough to keep ahold of it in the mean time, but if I need a replacement I'm convinced it will likely be a Stark.