For Sale SOLD! 2018 Alta Redshift SM (supermoto)

rayivers

Looks identical to my '18 and '19 MXR plugs for the Alta stand-alone chargers. If it were my bike, I'd carefully inspect the underside of the charging plug and it's connections (pics would be great, I could compare it with mine), and if OK I'd then offer money to anyone willing to sell or lend their standard (not fast) Alta charger and try charging it up. With the bike fully charged/balanced, I think a lot more people would be interested.

Perhaps someone here can confirm the Alta standard charger is an Elcon PFC 2500 / TC-619B CAN model, with an Alta-specific? output cable to fit your plug. EV Source apparently carries them with "free custom programming" included, they might be able to source & install the cable and plug too.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
@rayivers the Elcon PFC 2500 is the older charger. Then we used a HK Charger (Elcon as well) for the rapid charger.

Being an A pack at that low SOC, is okay ive charged older packs before with no issues.

@929adam - your bike is not the 68th built bike. Its the 7th. What you are reading is in Multitool which ever time the bike was communicated to. When we built the SM's (or any Altas for that matter, usually the first 10 bikes were deemed for sales/demos/marketing. SM007 was a demo bike especially since the first production SM was SM16 If I remember.

Now probably why the SM has only a DCCP and not an OBC is probably due to is vintage, there might have not been a OBC for the bike and they still needed to demo the vehicle and the off board charger was readily available.

rayivers

OK, that's what I thought. In this situation imo the best bet would be to get the bike fully charged before anything else, and the standard charger's always worked great for me.

JP racing

OK, that's what I thought. In this situation imo the best bet would be to get the bike fully charged before anything else, and the standard charger's always worked great for me.

Agreed, I would probably try the standard charger and MT first unless a reliable source directed otherwise.

bit_lyyyy

Just an update, I swiped the bike and once fully charged it pulls. I'm still new to alta so I have no comparison. I tested charging with both the standard and rapid charger and both worked. I'm currently trying to get a CAN adapter or find someone local to me with one so I can check multitool. Located in NYC.

IMG_0670.jpg

Top Bottom