Riding style/gearing?

Big Jake

Hey everyone,
I recently picked up a redshift SM. It was terribly undersprung, so I sent the suspension out to my friends at Hygear suspension to address that. This is a track only bike, so I took it to a cart track for the first go. It was fun, I could only ride it in mode 2 as I was trying to figure things out. I could hear the rear stepping out on corner exits. I was however, looking back, riding it like I ride my gas bikes. WOT, stand on the brakes slide and turn then WOT again. Standard practice on a gas bike. I'm considering maybe gearing it up so I can use the throttle a little less gingerly and use a more aggressive map. I am hoping it would also up my top speed. 82 mph is not going to cut it if i can help it. Has anyone been down this road? I know on the street it would be plenty, but I'm looking for feedback from anyone who's been at a track, on slicks, and warmers. Thanks

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think we only had one or two guys in Europe who were hardcore supermoto guys.

In motocross we do gear it down often in order to tame down the jerky throttle, use a more aggressive map, and have more power at higher speeds.

The feedback from Alta is that for hardcore supermoto an MXR would be much better with its R-pack battery that overheats less and charges quicker. @Judaslefourbe

Big Jake

I think we only had one or two guys in Europe who were hardcore supermoto guys.

In motocross we do gear it down often in order to tame down the jerky throttle, use a more aggressive map, and have more power at higher speeds.

The feedback from Alta is that for hardcore supermoto an MXR would be much better with its R-pack battery that overheats less and charges quicker. @Judaslefourbe
Just happened to know a roundabout price for upgrading the battery? Or if that's an option still?