Rear spring

Pavetim

2018 MXR. I am getting all the stuff from N2dirt for fork and shock revalve and mx tech Midvalve. I know the stock is over sprung, I am 230 and had my sag at 100mm and 30mm. Doesn't that mean the stock spring is fine for me?

Pavetim

Is it just this bikes geometry? My 450 the perfect sags are 105 and 35. This bike has smaller sag numbers? i have a 6.0 in my kx450 now and is perfect for my weight.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Alta's motion ratio is different from the KX, and you weigh 50lbs more than the Alta's target rider. You can compensate by riding slower, but I do not know if this is what you want to do.

It is too soft for motocross, especially if you are a jumper. But should be okay for trail riding.

Fog 25

I’am at 215 pounds and I run a 6.4 spring with 10 mm preload which gives me a 96mm sag on my N2Dirt supension I think a 6.6 spring will be good for your weight if you ride Moto. Trial riding a 6.4. The MXR has a different ratio in the linkage because of the wight of the bike so the standard 100/30 is off. You will be real happy with N2Dirt revalve.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
For my 200 lbs weight I like the stock 60N spring for ride and handling. But I will be trying the 63N spring if I want more confidence when jumping, I have one left over from my MX.

There are MX owners here who have 63N springs lying around, so you can save a few bucks by buying a used stock MX spring.

Fog 25

Fog, what fork pressure do you run?
I run 157 fork pressure. Put a O ring or a zip tie on the fork tube ride some laps and see how far down your suspension goes.
Adjust the air pressure a pound at a time up or down until you have about 1”to 1-1/2” left. That will be you’re right air pressure for you. Then you can adjust the compression and rebound for feel you like.