Questions related to the ordering process

stephane

I just placed a pre-order on a stark using the $100 deposit process. I have not received any email confirmation but I am seeing my order reference when I go to the site.
In general when ordering a bike like the varg does it make any difference when selecting to pay up front vs later at time of delivery?

I see that the payment will be done via bank transfer, I am based in the US and have had some issues with money transfer to European banks in the past. Anybody has any experience with the payment process?
I assume there will be some taxes calculated and potentially custom clearance. If anybody could relay their experience it would be great.
Take your time as my delivery is set for October 24. :))
PS: I apologize in advance if I missed an existing ressource page dedicated on the topic.

AL_V

The process has been evolving, some folks in the US already had their bikes delivered to their homes.
However, now it appears that Stark will deliver your bike through the closest dealer, and you will pay them.
I'm not sure if you can actually pay before they ask you to, but in the past, that has accelerated some deliveries.
With all that, it might be quicker now, to just order through your closest dealer.
And for solid answers to questions, I would recommend emailing Stark support through their website.

stephane

The process has been evolving, some folks in the US already had their bikes delivered to their homes.
However, now it appears that Stark will deliver your bike through the closest dealer, and you will pay them.
I'm not sure if you can actually pay before they ask you to, but in the past, that has accelerated some deliveries.
With all that, it might be quicker now, to just order through your closest dealer.
And for solid answers to questions, I would recommend emailing Stark support through their website.
I followed your advise and contacted Stark support directly. At this time they say that they are discontinuing the pay up-front option.
"
Thanks for your feedback 🙂

Upfront payments are disabled for the moment, since usually the waiting to get a Varg is almost a year and we prefer that customers have the money until the final step

In case of further information just let us know
"

I also checked their FAQ and found out that the incoterm they use to quote the bike price includes custom clearance (DDP). This does not include any sale's tax which I am sure will be added at time of delivery.