One of the first Redshifts out in the wild is mine...

Butch

Poseur
I’ve been riding my Redshift, dubbed “Shiftless”, since November 2016. I rode Eric the Frenchman’s in about April 2016 and put a deposite down then.

I rode with Eric again today. He has a new EX. He had the first customer bike MX#005 but he left that in Europe.
I have #019, with about 2800 miles on it now. I have tried to document my experience.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505668

...Though it is hard. Last week I rode with a bunch of serious Yahoo’s and only rode for two hours and 30 miles before I went into blinky mode. It was pretty serious mileage though. Pretty freaking great moto methinks; certianly better than my KTM.

snydes

Staff member
Thats a great writeup Butch, I read through the whole thing. Your experience having owned one as long as you have makes your opinion on the bike that much more valid. Thanks for sharing!

Butch

Poseur
Map 4! Overclocked!!! I modulate using my wrist.
I recieved a software update last September which is pretty different than the programming as delivered.
I used to ride in map 2 because it gave the most engine braking. I guess I need to see if I can get more range in 2 than in 4.

...and it is a pleasure to share. I love this bike. Yesterday I saw my second one in the wild, which is a first. I did not get a chance to talk to the guy.
The only other ones I've seen have been Eric's or the the Alta dudes when they are doing testing. They bring out #003 frequently, which is the oldest living Redshift MX, as numbers 001 and 002 have been sacrificed for research. Marc (CEO) has number 10.

Gertech

Butch, wow! I suppose if you can keep your right hand in check, there's no reason you couldn't get good range out of map 4. So far I'm loving my new MXR I picked up from Hudson Valley Motorcycles in New York last weekend. I've mostly just ridded motocross on it with some mild trails, so I'm interested to get it out on some gnarly stuff and see how far it'll go!

Thanks for the feedback!