One advantage of an electric bike.........

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
@Duncan called me up to see if I had time to ride today. It was last minute, and neither of us had a full charge on our bikes, but a few hours later (and not exactly fully charged bikes) we met at Pachaug State Forest and headed out for a ride! The weather was nice but with all the heavy rain we had on Saturday even the mild water crossing were substantial.

The wet leaves, wet rocks, wet roots, wet pine needles were a challenge. I was thoroughly impressed with Duncan's riding! He's damn fast! His buddy who joined us happened to mentioned that Duncan has a couple regional or national enduro championships under his belt, but is too modest to talk about them! Of course I tried to keep up with their pace but I just didn't haven't it in me. I'm still sore from last weekends Jday race, but no excuses allowed. I had one epic washout over some wet roots, landed on top of the bike and slid a solid 15 feet with my hand stuck inside the bark buster. I wrenched my wrist and elbow pretty good. A hearty thanks to Duncan for picking me up and making sure I was alive!

Here's one of the water crossings that Hugh's ICE bike wasn't going to make.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Alta says these machines are water proof, put on a scuba and ride underwater.

This was a little better than swamp water. And it was pretty damn cold. I was happy that I didn't fall off the bike and into the water like our last ride!

Duncan

That's an incredible video, OneLapper you are one courageous rider, deepest crossing I have ever seen a bike conquer, water went over your front fender!, you didn't even dab!, the line I picked near the beaver dam was not a hot setup, too deep and lots of detritus in water, fun ride, two Altas and one ICE bike, hope your wrist and elbow are feeling OK today.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Wrist is sore but fine (previously broke that wrist already), but the fall aggravated a different old elbow injury! I picked up my oldest daughter from karate practice, many years ago, and while she was sitting in the back of the car she decided to "karate kick" my right arm while I had it resting behind the passenger seat head rest. Took a direct kick to the back of the elbow, bending my arm in the wrong direction. It's never been the same since.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I think it's time to pull the wheels off to check the seals and re-lube the bearings..........