Motor kit For balance bike

kuattro

Hola. Encantado de estar aqui. Vamos a ver si usted me puede ayudar. Le compré a mi hijo de 5 años una bicicleta sin pedales, Mondraker 16. Es una bicicleta estupenda. Pero su aceleración está restringida. Sus amigos tienen una Stacyc con una gran aceleración inicial. Estoy convencido de cambiar el motor y el controlador para conseguir que tenga más potencia. Haré lo necesario para adaptarlo. pero necesito saber que motor comprar y que controladora para que tenga mucha potencia. Mi hijo llora porque no puede correr con sus amigos. Espero puedan ayudarme a buscar un kit o decirme especificaciones que debe cumplir para que sea potente. (No entiendo mucho de electrónica) este foro es mi esperanza. muchas gracias

fred900

Helping a brother out.

Hello. Delighted to be here. Let's see if you can help me. I bought my 5 year old son a balance bike, Mondraker 16. It's a great bike. But its acceleration is restricted. His friends have a Stacyc with great initial acceleration. I am convinced to change the motor and controller to get it to have more power. I will do what is necessary to adapt it. But I need to know what motor to buy and what controller so that it has a lot of power. My son cries because he can't run with his friends. I hope you can help me look for a kit or tell me specifications that it must meet for it to be powerful. (I don't understand much about electronics) this forum is my hope. thank you so much

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Someone, please post a link to this bike. The MONDRAKER BIKES US website doesn't seem to have it, and Google search results give errors.

Usually, for simple systems, more voltage would give more acceleration. Try a higher-voltage battery.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the battery is 20V. Would two batteries wired in series blow up the bike? @DonCox

"Grommy uses lightweight, bespoke batteries that can be easily swapped over. 80 Wh, 4 Ah quick change battery has a run time of 60 minutes and a charging time of 60 minutes"

kuattro

Hola. Gracias por tratar de ayudarle. El problema es que el controlador está "restringido" y tarda unos segundos en entregar la energía. Y tiene mucha fuerza pero muy poco a poco. Necesito una entrega de potencia inmediata como las stacycs. Tienen un motor sin escobillas. 250w debería ser suficiente.https://mondraker.com/es/es/2023-grommy-16

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
So, the problem is the throttle lag when controlling a 20 VDC brushless motor?

Would a "controller" from an electric hand drill work better? :)

DonCox

It looks like the battery is 20V. Would two batteries wired in series blow up the bike? @DonCox

"Grommy uses lightweight, bespoke batteries that can be easily swapped over. 80 Wh, 4 Ah quick change battery has a run time of 60 minutes and a charging time of 60 minutes"

Yes, doubling the battery might burn it up. The motor can usually handle more wattage for a while. I take the 100W Razor , leave the motor that is in it, and put in a 250w controller, and up the battery from 24V 5AH to 29V lithium 10AH. I don't see the controller in your video. Is it in the battery?

kuattro

El controlador es como los de taladro, va integrado en el portapilas. Pero los motores de perforación no tienen sensor Hall. Mi motor no...

IMG_20231025_085036.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If they had it in stock, this controller should work. You would have to re-wire the throttle or buy a Stacyc throttle.

You could also buy a Stacyc controller.