Love to hear some hour/mileage updates!

schwankl

10k mi 0 problems was last year: 10k miles - 0 problems
... this year ~12k mi and 1 big problem: bent my output shaft and been riding a lot less + new job.

Greatly need some help figuring out how to replace the output shaft, but don't want to hijack this thread. DM'ed a few folks last week, and will probably start a public thread with details next week.

timothyrgriffe

10k mi 0 problems was last year: 10k miles - 0 problems
... this year ~12k mi and 1 big problem: bent my output shaft and been riding a lot less + new job.

Greatly need some help figuring out how to replace the output shaft, but don't want to hijack this thread. DM'ed a few folks last week, and will probably start a public thread with details next week.
You live in Utah, how are you storing in the winter?

schwankl

I live in utah as well, first year with the alta. Trying to cone up with a storage plan
Not heated but insulated. I think the most important thing to avoid is charging below freezing. Not sure if there are safety measures, but not going to test that. Very bad for li-ion batteries. We should meetup one of these days. Up for a Mineral Fork ride any day (DM me if interested - I have a backup MXR - my EXR has the bent output shaft)

Dirt-E

2019 EXR 150 and approximately 1600mi? I haven't really kept an eye on it to be honest.

3 major problems:

1. battery got moisture in it had the 035, 036, and 037 codes. Eventually I pulled the battery apart and found the 0 module corroded out. Eventually got ahold of a replacement

2. Inverter completely dumped the firmware along the way from the battery issues. I was able to get it reloaded with help on this forum (Rakesh).

3. Battery still has major balance issues. From the last time I was able to check the cells, it looks like the internal balancer is very incapable of leveling out the cells. The 036 code has never gone away and I've honestly been too lazy to open the battery up and manually balance the cells. I just picked up a KTM 500 EXC-F for DS riding and might have the alta apart to try and fix it completely this time now that I have a backup bike. No intention of getting rid of the EXR though. It's just too darn good of a bike!

Minor Oh by the way issues: kickstand is getting worn or not holding the bike up as well anymore. My fender fairings are starting to get cracked and can't find replacements, and the right number plate cracked off a while ago.

Oded

2019 EXR 150 and approximately 1600mi? I haven't really kept an eye on it to be honest.

3 major problems:

1. battery got moisture in it had the 035, 036, and 037 codes. Eventually I pulled the battery apart and found the 0 module corroded out. Eventually got ahold of a replacement

2. Inverter completely dumped the firmware along the way from the battery issues. I was able to get it reloaded with help on this forum (Rakesh).

3. Battery still has major balance issues. From the last time I was able to check the cells, it looks like the internal balancer is very incapable of leveling out the cells. The 036 code has never gone away and I've honestly been too lazy to open the battery up and manually balance the cells. I just picked up a KTM 500 EXC-F for DS riding and might have the alta apart to try and fix it completely this time now that I have a backup bike. No intention of getting rid of the EXR though. It's just too darn good of a bike!

Minor Oh by the way issues: kickstand is getting worn or not holding the bike up as well anymore. My fender fairings are starting to get cracked and can't find replacements, and the right number plate cracked off a while ago.
This will help you with the kickstand issue - Kickstand repair

flask38

2018 EX with 1100 miles

Stored indoors. NRC tail with led turn signals. Had the screen replaced by Rashid and all great so far after 3 years.

I’m in Utah too. We should connect in the spring and ride!

synics

2018 MXR. 190 hours, 1900 miles. And my battery is dying so fast now. Can't get more then 10 miles per ride in winter months.

flask38

I have and love riding my 2018 Alta EX with 1132.8 miles, 94.5 hours. I get about the same as 1 gallon of fuel riding with EXC 350, 450 and 350 2 stroke. They have another couple gallons while I put my bike on a charger and borrow another bike for a second ride…

Live in Utah, store it in the basement during winters at 60% charge. No issues so far!

IMG_5859.jpeg