KTM Wheel setup question

Foss

Hey guys,

Just was looking to the community if anyone had links to for spacers used, sprocket type, chain length using a Dunlop 80/120-19 on the rear? I was reading or saw somewhere Stark made spacers in house for KTM wheels? Also was going to change the front too to keep it consistent. I just want another set as a backup for the track, thanks.

Rob

Hey guys,

Just was looking to the community if anyone had links to for spacers used, sprocket type, chain length using a Dunlop 80/120-19 on the rear? I was reading or saw somewhere Stark made spacers in house for KTM wheels? Also was going to change the front too to keep it consistent. I just want another set as a backup for the track, thanks.
After doing some quick measurements, I have been running a set of 2018 Husky wheels and spacers for ~20 hrs. I did find that the Husky front wheel spacers were ~ .030" narrower (face to face) than the Varg wheel/spacers.
I was going to add a .015" shim to the brake side but found the rotor did not drag and all has been fine.
Hey guys,

wfopete

I would think anything from OEM specs would compromise the fork tube alignment and lead to some degree of drag or binding of the fork action.

Rob

I would think anything from OEM specs would compromise the fork tube alignment and lead to some degree of drag or binding of the fork action.
My thinking is that any binding issue is addressed when you align the forks, since the left leg is the fixed point and the right leg finds alignment when sliding over the axle. The axle does sit slightly below flush of the right lug face with the Husky wheel installed compared to the Varg wheel being flush, which I think would be expected since the fork leg is locating over the axle in a slightly different place to achieve alignment. I recently did an oil, seal and bushing change, the bushings had no signs of unusual wear (or any noticeable wear) All that being said, I could be off base.. just sharing how I was able to put a spare set of wheels to use.

Reactions: 47A

Rob

Doesn't look like using the Varg spacers in the the Husky wheel is an option, they are substantially different.

20240101_173227.jpg

Rob

Those both look like KTM spacers. The one on the left is the older style and the one on the right is the newer style..
One on the left came from my SV. One on the right is from a 2018 Husky.
Husky - ID for axle 22mm
Brg fit 30mm
OAL 31mm
SV - ID for axle 22mm
Brg fit 25mm
OAL 37mm

Can't comment on the 23+ ktm group spacers as I don't have one but thought I had read somewhere that the axle size changed?
The pre 22 ktm/Husky wheels, spacers and SV axle are working fine on my early sn SV.

wfopete

FWIW; I asked Stark Support who makes their wheels/hubs.

They said rims and hubs are made in house.

I'll have to take a closer look at mine before I buy in on that.

Rob

FWIW; I asked Stark Support who makes their wheels/hubs.

They said rims and hubs are made in house.

I'll have to take a closer look at mine before I buy in on that.
I happen to have a new front wheel from Stark sitting in my office that I had shipped to my work but not taken home yet. I ended up hitting a rock and have a flat spot on the Husky wheel so my second wheel set will consist of a Stark front and Husky rear. Anyway, it's marked Morad on the rim, no markings i can see on the hub. Maybe they make they make the hub in house, buy the rim, assemble in house?

Redbull

I happen to have a new front wheel from Stark sitting in my office that I had shipped to my work but not taken home yet. I ended up hitting a rock and have a flat spot on the Husky wheel so my second wheel set will consist of a Stark front and Husky rear. Anyway, it's marked Morad on the rim, no markings i can see on the hub. Maybe they make they make the hub in house, buy the rim, assemble in house?
Looks like some time ago Morad bought all the moto rim tooling from the decades-old Akront. It would make sense that they supply the rims since they are in Spain.

Moradsa – Diseño y fabricación de ruedas radiadas para el sector de la motocicleta