KTM Freeride EX-C 12V Battery Replacement

CR119

Hi all. The 12V battery on my 2022 KTM Freeride EX-C went bad and won't hold a charge. The OEM battery Skyrich LFP01 with dimensions of 92x52x90 (L,W,H) mm looks to be common in Europe, but I haven't found any that size available in the US.

Has anyone found a model from another brand that will work that is available in the US? Ideally I'd like to find one with those dimensions, but if not I think I could make a US battery fit with some modifications to the battery holder to accommodate the larger US sizes.

Gtrbo1

Hey I bought 2 of those locally. (NY). I’m Sorry I can’t be of more help as I don’t have the bike anymore but it was out of another model as well. I think new ktm 125 SX. the parts guy new it was out of another model as well.

CR119

Thanks John. I just looked at the 125 battery and it looks like it is a bit wider by about 20mm. It's likely possible to make it work by cutting or getting a different battery cage. Did you have to make any modifications or did the battery you find fit fine?

Thanks JP racing. The part# I was able to find is 70111053000, but haven't been able to find any other model that takes that battery. No US based parts dealers look to have that in stock either and want $222 to back order one, which is about 3x the Euro cost at European based parts dealers.

Caryder

Shorai doesn’t have a similar output/size battery? They come with foam padding to help fit the stock battery box.

JP racing

Another reason to not own a freeride
The Freeride is good for what it is. It may even end up being my TKO bike (with a LOT of work and if I can get extra batteries). Of course I got a great deal on mine, at dealer price it’s a tougher sell.

I think having the Alta and the Freeride makes me appreciate them each more. The Alta goes to the track and races but the KTM sees a lot of practice time.

Gtrbo1

Hi all. The 12V battery on my 2022 KTM Freeride EX-C went bad and won't hold a charge. The OEM battery Skyrich LFP01 with dimensions of 92x52x90 (L,W,H) mm looks to be common in Europe, but I haven't found any that size available in the US.

Has anyone found a model from another brand that will work that is available in the US? Ideally I'd like to find one with those dimensions, but if not I think I could make a US battery fit with some modifications to the battery holder to accommodate the larger US sizes.
So sorry for delay. Please check size wise before buying but I think this is one of them. I could be completely wrong I’m just looking through old pics from that time frame. When I changed one it did not need mod. Jp racing has one of my 4 that I had and he should be great source. Again double check I have a few bikes in the mix and 2 of the free rides were spare back up bikes and one definitely lost the 12v

IMG_4282.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

CR119

Thanks all. It looks like the Fire Power battery above is the right size as well, but I had ordered the below Motobatt battery and was waiting to see if it worked. Just installed today and it fit fine with no modifications.

Motobatt part# MPLXKTM16-P

Paid $100

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg