Issue: EX front fender rubs frame and battery

Rainmaker

Front fender rubs frame and battery.
It came like that new.
Did this happen to anybody else?
I had to cut the front fender rear tip and shim it out with washers at the rear bolts to tilt fender up.

Rainmaker

Yeah, I tried bending the front bracket but the plastic would just flex and still rub. Perhaps if the plastic rear holes were slotted it could bend up and away. I should have tried that first.

No big deal. LOVING the ALTA!

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Something doesn't sound right. There's little chance that left the assembly line like that. Any chance you can post some photos? I'm sure we can quickly identify the issue. It's tough when you don't have another Alta to compare it to, especially when you can't find a good photo online.

snydes

Staff member
Bracket may be on it's way out...
cross referencing another thread:
Front fender support, new weak link
FYI I suspect Alta would have replaced mine under warranty if I was willing to take it back to the dealer. If your dealer is in reasonable proximity that might be something to consider, especially if you need any firmware updates to boot. If that's not an option it might help the cause to at least shoot Alta an email and let them know yours failed (if it did). The more people experiencing this the quicker they may revise the part (hopefully).