Is this an issue?

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
IMG_20190519_213917_922.jpg

The answer is yes, but not as bad a problem as having a broken back!

Had a bad get off at the races a week ago, luckily I am expected to make %100 recovery. The bike took a hell of a hit and this seems to be the worst problem with it.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Shortly after i bought my bike i had a bad crash that cracked my original subframe in the same spot. However, mine was only a 2" crack near the upper left mounting point. Must be a high stress area on the subframe. After that happened I order 2 OEM replacements while i had the chance. I installed one on the bike and still have another as a backup. I plan on attempting to fix my original subframe thats cracked or using it as a test mule for a custom made metal replacement.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Shortly after i bought my bike i had a bad crash that cracked my original subframe in the same spot. However, mine was only a 2" crack near the upper left mounting point. Must be a high stress area on the subframe. After that happened I order 2 OEM replacements while i had the chance. I installed one on the bike and still have another as a backup. I plan on attempting to fix my original subframe thats cracked or using it as a test mule for a custom made metal replacement.
My personal thoughts are that the above part should be fabricated to just withstand riding inputs thus making it a sacrificial part - really hate to damage the main motor housing /frame /etc😳