Go Fund Me Campaign? to force ALTA into an Involuntary Bankruptcy

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Although this isn’t officially bankruptcy, there is hope for warranty claims:

Warranty Claims Against A Bankrupt Company
Posted at 08:09h in Bankruptcy BasicsbyL. Jed Berliner, Western & Central Massachusetts Consumer Lawyer 0 Comments Share
You may have purchased something from a company now in bankruptcy, and you have to make a warranty claim.
If the company is in Chapter 11, it will very likely honor your claim for the good will it generates (you’ll tell your friends that it’s okay to do business with the company) even though the company may not have to, because your warranty contract existed before the bankruptcy was filed.
If the company is in Chapter 7, the buyer of the bankrupt company’s assets might honor your warranty claim for the same good will reason, even though it doesn’t have to.
Otherwise, you’re out of luck. This wasn’t a ripoff, this was just the bad luck of doing business with a company that didn’t make it. You’ve lost your warranty. The owners lost a significant asset, and the workers lost their jobs.
Entirely dependant on who buys the company/tech. The new buyer may not care about a few dirty bikers.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I would absolutely bet against any new company honoring warranty, but again, it’s not without precedent.
Luckily for me, I don't currently need any warranty work; at this point the best I am hoping for is that repair/replacement parts will be available as I use and break/wear out my machine.

I'm sure you will be able to count on me as a future customer.

Top Bottom