Fod Dancing With His New Alta & Rear Shock Issues

Fod

Yeah that track has a few drones fliing around. I almost hit one that was flying so low I felt the air of it blowing on my jersey. The track is super fun. I haven't ridden there in a few years and the alta made it more fun then I remembered from the past. Unfortunately the rear shock was very springy. I had rebound out 3 clicks and high speed almost 1.5 turns and still was bouncing around like a pogo stick. Alta's Kevin set up a warranty because my shock low speed adjuster isn't working.

Fod

What number is your mxr? Mine is 249 and fogs is almost at 300. His shock lsc is clicking....Mine just spins.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My rear shock seems fine. I was surprised that the hard landings that have done today were actually relatively soft, especially when taking into account the apparent lack of the low-speed shock damping.

Reactions: Fod

Fod

My rear shock seems fine. I was surprised that the hard landings that have done today were actually relatively soft, especially when taking into account the apparent lack of the low-speed shock damping.
That's awesome! Please share your shock settings. I have come to the conclusion that my shock is faulty and needs to be sent in for warranty....or accidentally the shock off the 17 redshift pogo stick got on my mxr. Rebound is almost all the way in and still bouncing around. Super soft on compression and I have my hsc in more then anyone on this forum. I have never had to revalve any of my bikes...ever!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My both Rebound and Low-Speed Compression are fully in. I did not touch the High-Speed Comp, so I am not even sure where it is. The rear end still feels underdamped, but it is so freaking predictable that I do not mind. Lower damping is better traction, that's all.

I may decide to add a couple of face shims though to be able to use the clickers again, especially on sand tracks. But for now it is okay.

Fod

My both Rebound and Low-Speed Compression are fully in. I did not touch the High-Speed Comp, so I am not even sure where it is. The rear end still feels underdamped, but it is so freaking predictable that I do not mind. Lower damping is better traction, that's all.

I may decide to add a couple of face shims though to be able to use the clickers again, especially on sand tracks. But for now it is okay.

Looks like we are on the same path! My bike and Fog's bike came with HSC at 2 turns out...so your most likely at 2 turns.