False alarm -- Alta Bluetooth connection???

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I was going to say that I wouldn't be surprised if the bike had a bluetooth transmitter on it. These days its not exactly an expensive technology to implement. Supply the hardware for various features out of the box, and provide firmware updates that enable features over time as software gets developed, etc. A la Tesla.

Rob41

Chief Engineer
From Kevin at Alta
"No Redshift models currently come with Bluetooth or wifi onboard. We hope to build these futures into our next platform which we are working to release around 2020."

Not sure I like hearing this. I've been planning to get an EXR next summer but this makes me think maybe I should wait for the next "platform". This is a one shot deal for me so I want to make it count even though waiting another year will suuuuuck.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I like hearing this. I've been planning to get an EXR next summer but this makes me think maybe I should wait for the next "platform". This is a one shot deal for me so I want to make it count even though waiting another year will suuuuuck.
Maybe Alta will release their 2020 models mid-summer 2019, like they did this year with the 2019 EXR. This is how all other bike manufacturers do it as well.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor

I thought about waiting for the MX-R. I bought a demo MX and don't regret it at all. I have the bike now, I can use it now, and enjoy it now. I usually wait a year after a new product is released, and if the next Alta iteration is that fantastic, I'll sell the one I have outright or trade it in. I keep it in top shape, keep it super clean, and it'll have brand new plastic on it when I sell it (thanks to Philip)!

Speedkills

I thought they had a Bluetooth module that wasn't activated yet. Knowing they do not is deeply disappointing, unless they make a plug in module to make Bluetooth available to previous customers but I kind of doubt they would do that.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Maybe Alta will release their 2020 models mid-summer 2019, like they did this year with the 2019 EXR. This is how all other bike manufacturers do it as well.

The way its worded, it sounds like actual year 2020, not model year 2020 (released in 2019).