False alarm -- Alta Bluetooth connection???

Rocketz152

I found out today while oiling my bike chain if you have it on (throttle live/ green light flashing) that Alta comes up on Bluetooth devices on my phone when it's scanning (Bluetooth on)... Since I was one of the people suffering from the code 36/ battery replacement issue I'm hoping that we'll be able to connect our bikes to Alta from our phones... Anyone else know about this or have any info? Thanks!

snydes

Staff member
I believe you are the first to have noticed this! Now all of our forum members are going to go out to the garage and try it on their bikes....

Rocketz152

I believe you are the first to have noticed this! Now all of our forum members are going to go out to the garage and try it on their bikes....
It happened totally by accident! I bought a new set of Bluetooth headphones and was trying to connect them when I discovered Alta as a choice... But it only becomes available if the key is on and the throttle is live (green flashing light)...

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I have the Essential Phone, so shouldn't be any different. Can you post a screenshot of your phone?

Rocketz152

It was disappearing when I turned the bike off and it came back on when I turned the bike on (throttle live) but now my phone is showing it all the time...

Rocketz152

Figured it out... apparently my wife's Fitbit is called Alta (I didn't know lol) and she was messing with her Bluetooth on her phone (so when it disconnected from her phone it showed up available on mine)... I apologize everybody it must of just been the right timing that she was messing with her phone while I was working on the bike...feel free to delete this post moderators. Thanks again...