EV West has a Redshift... and a ****load of Alta batteries

Mikec265

Anyone know what it would cost to reverse engineer the bulkhead and frame pieces?

Even if someone could make a complete steel or aluminum aftermarket frame that would be cool.
Kinda like how the Honda 250r quads kept being rebuilt in the 1990s.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know what it would cost to reverse engineer the bulkhead and frame pieces?

Even if someone could make a complete steel or aluminum aftermarket frame that would be cool.
It would probably cost more than it would to buy an Alta's frame with the rest of the bike pieces attached.

Why would you want an aftermarket frame? Are you thinking about building a complete new DIY electric dirt bike?

If you are thinking about starting an electric dirt bike company, I would submit a bid to buy Alta! You will save a lot of time and money.

Mikec265

It would probably cost more than it would to buy an Alta's frame with the rest of the bike pieces attached.

Why would you want an aftermarket frame? Are you thinking about building a complete new DIY electric dirt bike?

If you are thinking about starting an electric dirt bike company, I would submit a bid to buy Alta! You will save a lot of time and money.

I was just curious in case of frame failures and lack of availability the future. As long as my bike never breaks I'll be happy a long time. Actually I have a Polini 50 chassis and a 48 volt scooter kit for my son. I haven't put it together yet. I'm leaning towards just buying him a Gasgas/Torrot 48 volt bike instead.
I've heard they will out accelerate a KTM 50 until they get up to higher speeds.
You won't see me a dirt bike related business any time soon. I'll stick with my little trucking company.

GT-117

Hi Tony, welcome to the Forum! Also, congrats on the '19 EXR.

Your posting provides a bit a comfort given our present situation. I own the same bike, and love it. Mine has just over 40 hours on it, and I have no intentions of selling it anytime soon. It is good to hear that you and your company will be "tinkering" with one. Enjoy!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Welcome to the boards, Tony! Let me know if you want to get together and ride! I'm down in Carmel Valley.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
Welcome to the boards, Tony! Let me know if you want to get together and ride! I'm down in Carmel Valley.

My bike gets delivered from GP in downtown tomorrow (Tuesday). I’d like to go to a vet style MX track first.

I just learned today that’s there’s a new Alta dealer just a few miles from my house in Poway, and they have several EXR bikes.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
Thank you Tony! We need guys like you.
This is the best bike I've owned in 22 years of riding. The thought of it hanging lifeless from the ceiling of my garage wishing for parts to fix it scares me more than being forced to jump a real supercross triple.

Take a deep breath, ‘cuz it is unlikely that my bike is just going to hang lifeless anywhere... which means others will benefit,

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
My bike gets delivered from GP in downtown tomorrow (Tuesday). I’d like to go to a vet style MX track first.

I just learned today that’s there’s a new Alta dealer just a few miles from my house in Poway, and they have several EXR bikes.

Poway Powersports! Thats where i got my MXR. They are good people.

40158514_233778787302070_8649734538353704960_n.jpg