Electro and Co ETM Mini or V2

reeldealev

I am looking at these "for my daughters". I don't see a huge difference in size between them, right now we have a Honda CRF50 and one of the Razor RX350's that we would get rid of to accommodate garage parking. I have reached out to the company but haven't heard anything. Anyone know anything about them?
ETM Dirt Bike
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 8.51.54 AM.png

reeldealev

I did hear back from them, and they are sold out of everything, so apparently people really like them. I will follow up if I can get my hands on one.

reeldealev

Follow up: I ended up getting a "Back in stock" email for the ETM V2 from Electro and Co, So I immediately ordered it! Super excited I sat around for about a week and realized I had not heard from them about the order. So I sent them an email asking for the tracking number, and the CEO of the company sent me an email back saying they had a 3-10 week lead time...Am I the idiot to think that "Back in Stock" meant ready to ship?
I also sent follow-up emails because the CEO told me that they were in stock but had to be built, so I asked to just have mine shipped and I would build it, but I have not heard back after a couple of emails asking for this.

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 9.57.51 AM.png

HadesOmega

I haven't had very good experience with Electro and Co. I bought an EMXRON controller kit (votol) for my sur ron light bee after racing against them during Hot August Pitbike Nationals MX race. Took a while to get it. Wasn't 100% how I wanted it. I wanted to pair with a QS165 motor but they say they can't do it. The performance and features were mediocre compared to my old BAC4000 controller kit. I killed the controller and stock motor the first race and 2nd time I rode it. It couldn't handle an enduro. Austin from E&C seemed like a cool guy until it broke then completely stopped texting me. Didn't take care of me at all. I sent it back and got a hold of Kevin and for them to test the controller out because my bike didn't work anymore. After a couple weeks they had supposedly tested the controller and it checked out fine. I bought the kit for close to $900 and they lowered the price to around $500 so I immediately loose money on it and can't sell it. This year i managed to sell it on ebay at a loss and the buyer said it didn't work. So frustratingly i have to refund it and take that garbage back. I can't test it because i don't have a stock motor anymore. It was suppose to test good who am I to believe tge buyer or e&c? So I give up and take the $900 loss. So my Electro & Co experience has been awful. The Votol controller cost is around $200-$300 and the kit was like close $900 where does the extra $600ish go a buncha brackets and wire harness? Not a very good company at all. Will make a separate thread about this. I went with KO Technologies KOMoto motor and controller in the end and couldn't be more happier. My bike has completed many races (as opposed to 1 the E&C couldn't complete) and been on the podium many times as a result.

reeldealev

I haven't had very good experience with Electro and Co. I bought an EMXRON controller kit (votol) for my sur ron light bee after racing against them during Hot August Pitbike Nationals MX race. Took a while to get it. Wasn't 100% how I wanted it. I wanted to pair with a QS165 motor but they say they can't do it. The performance and features were mediocre compared to my old BAC4000 controller kit. I killed the controller and stock motor the first race and 2nd time I rode it. It couldn't handle an enduro. Austin from E&C seemed like a cool guy until it broke then completely stopped texting me. Didn't take care of me at all. I sent it back and got a hold of Kevin and for them to test the controller out because my bike didn't work anymore. After a couple weeks they had supposedly tested the controller and it checked out fine. I bought the kit for close to $900 and they lowered the price to around $500 so I immediately loose money on it and can't sell it. This year i managed to sell it on ebay at a loss and the buyer said it didn't work. So frustratingly i have to refund it and take that garbage back. I can't test it because i don't have a stock motor anymore. It was suppose to test good who am I to believe tge buyer or e&c? So I give up and take the $900 loss. So my Electro & Co experience has been awful. The Votol controller cost is around $200-$300 and the kit was like close $900 where does the extra $600ish go a buncha brackets and wire harness? Not a very good company at all. Will make a separate thread about this. I went with KO Technologies KOMoto motor and controller in the end and couldn't be more happier. My bike has completed many races (as opposed to 1 the E&C couldn't complete) and been on the podium many times as a result.
Thanks for the review. I did receive an email back saying they could not ship it out without being built, and that they thought my order was about 5-6 weeks out. I am considering canceling at this point, but I have already sold the bikes that this was supposed to take the place of...frustrating. #2023 ETM V2 Electro and Co

HadesOmega

For what it's worth I've seen many of their bikes and parts race and they do pretty well. They're like a one trick pony tho they only cater to the mx crowd. I had high hopes for their kit but couldn't handle an enduro who knows if I had raced a supermoto with it same story I bet. Their business is like some garage operation..

I know its more expensive but a similar bike check out the Greenger G3. If they have Honda's backing sounds like a better company.

mr.skywalker

I havent had the chance to actually ride one but the Ripz moto bikes look similar to the higher end 72v version. Disclaimer my buddy Wyatt rides for them and he seems to love it and he absolutely shreds on it, he can beat me on a stock 110 if im on a 450 lol

reeldealev

@HadesOmega Thanks for the input. I guess when someone calls themselves a CEO my idea of the company is much bigger than actuality, but it does sound more garage operation like you mentioned. I checked out the Greenger G3, which looks like a great bike and is in stock locally but is pretty pricey to hand over to my 10-year-old daughter.
@mr.skywalker I had not seen that one yet, it also looks like but is $4400! I have not cancelled the order yet, but even when it gets here whenever that is, what am I going to have to deal with for support....

reeldealev

Well, it arrived...64 days after ordering an "In Stock" bike. And first impressions are not good...
Although I was told the delay was due to the bike needing to be assembled I was looking at an oddly small box for an assembled bike. After opening the box I was greeted with a Fresh from China smell iykyk, and an unassembled bike with damaged tube caps.
I started to assemble the bike with the poor instructions provided and observed some areas of concern. The casting for the triple clamps was so rough I needed to use a tap to clear the threads to get the bolts in. The front wheel does not center with the provided spacers in any orientation and no washers are provided. The front brake does not work, even after bleeding. Misc hardware left over and no directions. It sounds terrible and keeps binding the very small chain. The brake rotor rubs the fork tube guards. It handles terribly. I have only taken it down the street, but it feels like a faster Razer.
I sent Electro and Co an email on Thursday, and a follow-up email today and I have heard nothing. I can't say the writing wasn't on the wall...but I was hopeful.
IMG_1440.jpegIMG_1441.jpegIMG_1443.jpegIMG_2263.jpegIMG_2265.jpegIMG_2264.jpeg

HadesOmega

Not surprised Electro & Co = cheap Chinese crap

Good stuff can come from China just not from E&C

BTW I raced against Greenger G3S during the Moto Beach Classic and they were able to hold their own against my modified Light Bee.

bwisdom

I also received an etm v2 and the bike was built poorly. Welds were horrible, wheels would not spin freely, the tiny chain tension would be so tight when i sat on it, even with the wheels adjusted as far back as it could to where the chain was hanging loose when the was no weight on it. It would still be overly tight when sitting on it and im 180 lbs. I actually recieved replacement parts that arrived damaged and got a 30% refund.(about $700) hoping this will help someone else in the future as i thought there original etm bikes were popular and of good quality. Hoping they fix all the kinks in there future production etm v2's worked out as i got one of the first bikes shipped.

reeldealev

Well...I still haven't been able to ride this bike! I have been awaiting replacement parts that were going to be shipped out ASAP on November 2, and they still are not here.

Swank171

Isn’t this company owned by ma member here? You’d think they would chime in…..mistakes are fine when there is accountability and you make it right….

Bummed to hear this experience…we appreciate the heads up. I’ll be sure to send this link when people ask my thoughts on E&C

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Isn’t this company owned by ma member here? You’d think they would chime in…..mistakes are fine when there is accountability and you make it right….
Unfortunately, with our free-for-all posting rules, many vendors receive more bashing than praise on internet forums like this one. @ElectroBraap and @AltaWest stopped posting some time ago.

However, I keep seeing lots of purple Electro&Co stickers on most DIY electric dirt bikes. Just look at the bike pictures and videos in our DIY subforum. Electro&Co have their following and loyal fans, and they do not have to defend their reputation in every forum thread where they may have more to lose than to gain.

I suppose, they are learning the new business, and they are more successful in some areas than in others.

DonCox

I just saw this thread, and don't remember ever seeing it, but I'd like to put in my 2 cents.
I have been using and working with Austin and the crew at Electroandcompany.com for quite a few years. All my experiences with them have been, good, honest and responsive. I have heard from others different comments. I think they might be a little slow in their information output, as compared to the rest of the industry. They are more than a startup company now, and I think they need to step up to that position. They provide a vital link for so many in the electric bike world, that I hope they step up into that role. Your experience, @reeldealev, with them is unfortunate, but from most people that I have talked to, we all love the final product, and the help we get. I have discussed some of these issues with E&C, and hope that we all see some improvement. There are a lot of new Electric Motorcycles coming onto the market, and we need people to make kits and tools to polish these products. So we need E&C to get better to help us all.
Don Cox

HadesOmega

Their customer service is lacking and the products they put out are shoddy is my experience and this thread confirms it. They burned me and never tried to reach out to me and make it right they've made an enemy out of me whenever I get an opportunity I try and beat their bike during races. I've made Youtube videos of what they did to me. It's a trail of bad karma for them.