Electric Cycle Rider reviews the Flux Primo

Oded

Quite a big battery. Could not find the most Important piece of information for me - its weight.

Marko_Flux

Quite a big battery. Could not find the most Important piece of information for me - its weight.
This is the current state:

Oded

Thanks, so in Redshift & Varg weight territory.
Hope you'll be able to shave some of its weight. That is the sole and only complaint I have for my Redshift ( riding hard enduro).

rayivers

It seems to me the HV-battery-MX-bike manufacturers (Alta / Stark / Flux?) have all independently concluded that a 4p battery (4 parallel groups) makes the most sense for a production bike - so I get the feeling any significant reduction in battery weight/output will have to come from the aftermarket or privateers. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Marko_Flux

Thanks, so in Redshift & Varg weight territory.
Hope you'll be able to shave some of its weight. That is the sole and only complaint I have for my Redshift ( riding hard enduro).
Yeah it's always a work in progress. We have some completely redesigned hardware for the 2.0 version that should shave of quite a bit, but we'll announce when we get there.

It seems to me the HV-battery-MX-bike manufacturers (Alta / Stark / Flux?) have all independently concluded that a 4p battery (4 parallel groups) makes the most sense for a production bike - so I get the feeling any significant reduction in battery weight/output will have to come from the aftermarket or privateers. Hopefully I'm wrong.
4p works out to this general weight, no reason 3p couldn't be made. People still mostly complain about the range, so we're pushing to maximise that and potentially work back to a "lite" version afterwards. Putting in less is easy.
For some reference, the 7.9kWh Primo battery could be made to 5.2kWh (and lower max power), saving roughly 10kg/20lbs

Oded

Yeah it's always a work in progress. We have some completely redesigned hardware for the 2.0 version that should shave of quite a bit, but we'll announce when we get there.

4p works out to this general weight, no reason 3p couldn't be made. People still mostly complain about the range, so we're pushing to maximise that and potentially work back to a "lite" version afterwards. Putting in less is easy.
For some reference, the 7.9kWh Primo battery could be made to 5.2kWh (and lower max power), saving roughly 10kg/20lbs
For my hard enduro type riding, I would be willing to pay additional fee for a smaller and lighter battery.

3 hours of my type of riding deplete about 50% battery (slow gnarly terrain). Perhaps make a lighter hard enduro version, and heavier mx /trail version with longer range.

Johnny Depp

I think the best solution will be a bike that can run with 1 or 2 hot swap batteries.
There are 3/4-7/8 sized bikes with less battery that are beating 450’s in local MX.