Charging

Swank171

I just got mine and I’m fighting this…..took stand apart to get enough cord to plug in…testing voltage on both sides of plug. Have an adapter plug to go to 120…bike refuses to charge.

Bummer is I haven’t even ridden it more than 10 minutes. Delivered yesterday with 20% and will not take a charge…not sure what’s worse. Waiting 2 plus years and not having or having it and not being able to ride it.

fred900

If you got the 120 adapter plug off amazon it doesn't work. You have to make your own. There is a thread in the charging section showing you how to make the adapter.

Swank171

I’ll have to go find that….had no idea I’d be doing this. From what I recall the bike came with an adapter.

can’t lie….im a little irritated.

Swank171

Got mine at Home Depot. It’s a L14 30a female and a 5 15 male

If anyone has the link to that thread let me know….been trying to find it on a search and getting nothing.

rayivers

Stark sells the US 240V-120V adaptor plus US 120V and 240V power cords. The first place I'd call would be a US Stark dealer, who might well have one or more in stock.

Swank171

Out of stock everywhere I’ve looked and called.

Found the alta write up on making one but gonna wait for someone who knows if it’ll work with the stark charger. I remember hearing it was pretty much the same charger as the alta but I don’t know that for a fact.

Swank171

Out of stock everywhere I’ve looked and called.

Found the alta write up on making one but gonna wait for someone who knows if it’ll work with the stark charger. I remember hearing it was pretty much the same charger as the alta but I don’t know that for a fact.

Update.

Went to Home Depot and followed the Alta adapter plug directions laid out on here by the OG forum members.

It is the same wiring and anyone looking to get hands on one can make it for pretty cheap at Home Depot.

I attached the diagram I used for this that I found by @schwankl

Thanks for that!! Got me out of a pinch for sure.

IMG_6960.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

IMG_6957.png