Charge Surron Ultra Bee in parking lot?

ThomasTGH

I'm thinking of buying a Surron Ultra Bee. My family does a mix of easy woods and moto cross style riding.
My question is can you safely charge a Surron Ultra bee from vehicle outlet or a generator between motos or when taking breaks form riding?
Will it hurt or do much good to charge 30 minutes here and there through out a day of riding?

HadesOmega

I don't have an Ultra Bee but I'm assuming the charger is similar. Yes you should be able to charge off a generator provided it can output 1200watts. If you are using an onboard generator from your vehicle it will need to be able to output 1200watts. It's handy to have a charger where you can limit the current.

It depends on how hard you are running the bike. If you repeatedly charge and discharge the battery it will get hot. If it gets hot enough the BMS will disconnect the battery. When I race supermoto with my Light Bee I have to be careful how much I charge and discharge the battery for that reason. It's handy to have a 2nd battery to just swap out.

ThomasTGH

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. Maybe we will just put it on the generator once per outing while we grab lunch or take a break. If we charge 1 hour mid day do you have a ballpark guess how much time we will add to our usable riding time (I.E. 10 or 20% additional ride time for the day)

HadesOmega

For the Ultra Bee I'm not sure maybe some of other Ultra Bee owners will chime but typically off road my Light Bee will go about 20 miles then it needs a recharge. So plan for a ride around that. Its dependent on how hard you are riding and the terrain you are riding.

I'm not sure how long charging 1 hour will put back on an Ultra Bee battery I think they have a 4kwh battery pack. So if you are charging it at 10amps you are putting 1200watts into the battery. So 1200kw/4000kwh = 0.3 = 30% So if you charge for about 1 hour you are going to put 30% SOC back in the battery.

ThomasTGH

For the Ultra Bee I'm not sure maybe some of other Ultra Bee owners will chime but typically off road my Light Bee will go about 20 miles then it needs a recharge. So plan for a ride around that. Its dependent on how hard you are riding and the terrain you are riding.

I'm not sure how long charging 1 hour will put back on an Ultra Bee battery I think they have a 4kwh battery pack. So if you are charging it at 10amps you are putting 1200watts into the battery. So 1200kw/4000kwh = 0.3 = 30% So if you charge for about 1 hour you are going to put 30% SOC back in the battery.
Wow, Thank you. I'm truly grateful to you! Have an amazing day!!!