Chain rubbing on case.

Scott

Hello all. I just picked up a slightly used (3.4 hours) 2018 Redshift MXR and I just love the bike. I got to ride it about an hour on a MX track and was quite a bit of fun. I washed the bike and serviced the gear oil after my ride and went over the bike from top to bottom. One thing I noticed right behind the counter sprocket is that the chain is/can sometimes rub on the case. I have included a picture of the rubbing. The chain is within the slack specification and in alignment per the hash marks on the rear axle. Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this?

Regards,

-Scott

chain rub on  case.jpg

Fod

Hello all. I just picked up a slightly used (3.4 hours) 2018 Redshift MXR and I just love the bike. I got to ride it about an hour on a MX track and was quite a bit of fun. I washed the bike and serviced the gear oil after my ride and went over the bike from top to bottom. One thing I noticed right behind the counter sprocket is that the chain is/can sometimes rub on the case. I have included a picture of the rubbing. The chain is within the slack specification and in alignment per the hash marks on the rear axle. Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this?

Regards,

-Scott

View attachment 737
Yeah, it will get worse with more hours! Fog and I both have it scratched up pretty bad in that area.

snydes

Staff member
Thanks for the confirmation. I hope that it is just cosmetic and does not wear a hole in the case over time.

Highly doubtful, I wouldn’t worry about that. Nihilo Concepts is making aftermarket covers for that side so there will be options if you ever care to replace it.

Top Bottom