Best Map for least sensitive throttle.

Alta_mxr

I think I got’r figured out. I have done all the hills I was having trouble with. All in map3 it just works the best for loose climbs. Now I think it is equal too or better than my 250 2t on the climbs.

Alta_mxr

Maybe but I swear it spins in 3 just not run away spin. Something is definitely more suited for loose up hills. It seems to stay more planted

Alisescu

I am not much of a hill climber, but I found it a lot easier to do on the Alta compared to my 2-stroke Husky. Climbing dusty/gravely/rocky uphills in Arizona that is.

But I know what you are saying, when the traction is low the Alta's rear tire just keeps churning steadily, not stop-and-spin-stall like on an ICE bike. Shutting down the throttle or using the LHRB are the only options.
That sounds kind of like feadering the clutch but you are doing it with LHRB

snydes

Staff member
A variable weight "Ring Gear" is certainly one of the modifications that I used for both Hard Enduro and Flat Track applications.

Flywheel is improper I realize, that’s just what he was referring to it as. :)

I would love to know more about this modification.... but I suppose you aren’t at liberty to discuss :confused:?

Thanks for all your input lately!

snydes

Staff member
I have to try though... you said variable... does that mean there might be some sort of mechanism under that plate?9CBCE7F4-633D-484B-8AEC-0A32319546BA.png

Mark911

I guess you could use some spring loaded weights to vary the MOI over speed, but there's not much room for a mechanism like that. Weight/cross section shape is definitely "a variable" but I don't think it's variable. Perfect sense . . . .

Oded

For what it is worth:
I created the "Tractor Map" for both Ty and Lyndon. Said map is a one off that can only be implemented via proprietary firmware that is not part of the Dealer Multi-Tool.

Some internal hard parts were also modified to enhance tractability in rough terrain.

Can you ellaborate on what exactly tractor mode feels like? No wheel spin for example?

Tuner

Can you ellaborate on what exactly tractor mode feels like? No wheel spin for example?
Maximum "set" power unless wheel spin is detected. (adjustable parameter). Once wheel spin is detected, power is reduced (adjustable parameter) until traction is regained. (yet another adjustable parameter). In short, if you can hang on, the motorcycle will continue to move forward, albeit, often at a snails pace. (depending on available grip).

Tuner

FYI:
I am contributing to this forum strictly as a means to help. I have been in the motorcycle industry (particularly professional racing) for over four decades. I have lost friends as a result of ignorance. If I can help prevent injury or death by way of providing some insight, then I will. In addition and like many, I put my heart and soul into Alta Motors. I would like it's legacy and my reputation as a tuner to remain intact, so, I will help if I can.

All the best,

Dale Lineaweaver
El Sobrante, Ca. 94803

Oded

Maximum "set" power unless wheel spin is detected. (adjustable parameter). Once wheel spin is detected, power is reduced (adjustable parameter) until traction is regained. (yet another adjustable parameter). In short, if you can hang on, the motorcycle will continue to move forward, albeit, often at a snails pace. (depending on available grip).

That sound almost too good to be true for my kind of riding.
Will we have a chance / way to somehow use this tractor feature, or once Alta is gone, Tractor mode is gone as well...?

Tuner

That sound almost too good to be true for my kind of riding.
Will we have a chance / way to somehow use this tractor feature, or once Alta is gone, Tractor mode is gone as well...?
Such is a question that I cannot answer as it depends upon what actually happens regarding Alta assets and IP.

Mark911

Sometimes we gearheads get a bit too exuberant when it comes to buying into performance related tech like we're discussing and conveniently forget about the excellent job the OEMs did to start with. We've all done our share of EFI/Ignition remapping, jetting, pipes, cams, pistons, porting, heads, the list is endless. In most cases, if we're honest with ourselves, we'll either circle back to close to OEM settings or wish we could. Yes, traction control, decent control, reverse, creep mode, and even custom mapping of various parameters are all very cool and would be neat to play with, but in the end none are going to turn us into the next (insert name of favorite rider here) or even make the riding experience that much better. In this world of never ending gizmos, we just love to play (if you can afford it, Lol) and I'm probably more guilty than most on this count. Now, for the rider whos standard of living depends on every tenth of a second it's another story.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Sometimes we gearheads get a bit too exuberant when it comes to buying into performance related tech like were discussing and conveniently forget about the excellent job the OEMs did to start with. We've all done our share of EFI/Ignition remapping, jetting, pipes, cams, pistons, porting, heads, the list is endless. In most cases, if we're honest with ourselves, we'll either circle back to close to OEM settings or wish we could. Yes, traction control, decent control, reverse, creep mode, and even custom mapping of various parameters are all very cool and would be neat to play with, but in the end none are going to turn us into the next (insert name of favorite rider here) or even make the riding experience that much better. In this world of never ending gizmos, we just love to play (if you can afford it, Lol) and I'm probably more guilty than most on this count. Now, for the rider whos standard of living depends on every tenth of a second it's another story.

Well said. Learn to ride better and you will be faster. In enduro racing the mantra is "A fast rider on a slow bike is much faster than a slow rider on a fast bike".

Top Bottom