Alta Motors v2.0 restart attempt

No.73

Unfortunately, we’ve run out of time.

The relevant assets necessary to support the Redshift platform have been sold to another buyer. I don’t have all the details. Philip’s suggested embargo on bikes no longer has an impact on a potential v2.0 effort. A reboot appears to be impossible at this point. Always possible something will change with time.

We had the right couple ideas 1-3 months too late. Personally, I regret abstaining from this community until just recently. That’s on me.

All the best to each of you.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Unfortunately, we’ve run out of time.

The relevant assets necessary to support the Redshift platform have been sold to another buyer. I don’t have all the details. Philip’s suggested embargo on bikes no longer has an impact on a potential v2.0 effort. A reboot appears to be impossible at this point. Always possible something will change with time.

We had the right couple ideas 1-3 months too late. Personally, I regret abstaining from this community until just recently. That’s on me.

All the best to each of you.
Well crap, I was really hoping this would work out...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to buy a new Alta, feel free to call dealers or @AltaWest . They should probably be well under $10k now without support, warranty and a reliable supply of spare parts.

@AltaWest will do the best they can to supply the parts, if/when we need them.

We also have @Rashid510 to provide support with electronics.

Hopefully some more ex-Alta guys would come out of the woodwork @Haemish Graham and help us modify the firmware/software as a consolation prize.

We will know soon if the new buyer is BRP. I will try to establish contact with them. Let me know if you can help with that.

Alta_mxr

So then it would be in their best interest to help keep the already going test fleet (Us) going right! Really all that needs support is the battery, electronics (display, motor controller, other various black boxes, and motor). The rest is either off the shelf or 3D printable 🥴

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
So then it would be in their best interest to help keep the already going test fleet (Us) going right! Really all that needs support is the battery, electronics (display, motor controller, other various black boxes, and motor). The rest is either off the shelf or 3D printable 🥴
From the press release, BRP indicates they have no intention to support the Alta platform in any way. We are on our own now.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
From the press release, BRP indicates they have no intention to support the Alta platform in any way. We are on our own now.
I read that too, but the way it could be interpreted, is they have no interest in going on as "Alta Motors", what I am wondering is does this mean they can start making our machines under an entirely different brand name?

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I read that too, but the way it could be interpreted, is they have no interest in going on as "Alta Motors", what I am wondering is does this mean they can start making our machines under an entirely different brand name?
I would be only too happy for you to be able to say I told you so.