Alta Motors v2.0 restart attempt

Mark911

Can-Am used to build motorcycles. As I recall, some no-name guy won an MX National Championship with one awhile back. What was his name, Gary Jones I think. Lol.

Tuner

Can-Am used to build motorcycles. As I recall, some no-name guy won an MX National Championship with one awhile back. What was his name, Gary Jones I think. Lol.
If you review the history regarding Can-Am MX motorcycles, you will find a statement referencing the fact that much more profit is obtainable in other areas of motorsports.
From the very start it was apparent that BRP had little interest in the existing Alta product line. I suppose it is safe to speculate the same regarding Harley-Davidson.

Warren

Jimmy Ellis won the 1974 National Championship then went to factory Honda for number of years. Mark911

Mark911

Hummm . . . . I know Ellis won a supercross title but SX wasn't a big deal back then. Jones won a 250 National title for sure.