Battery life??

JMP

Hello!
I’m really into getting my self a exr for enduro.
I’m in Florida and I’m part of the FTR.
It’s all year round trail rides competition.
I was just curious about the life time on the Alta, as all the races are just about 30 to 40 Miles.
But it’s a hard race and some places a lot of sand.
Anyone here from Florida or participate at FTR?
Would love to know if Alta EXR would make it with the battery life
Any thoughts?

snydes

Staff member
I don't want to be a downer but no way would you get that range in a race pace unfortunately. Guys are getting that type of mileage but it's play ride type riding.

metallic88

Hello!
I’m really into getting my self a exr for enduro.
I’m in Florida and I’m part of the FTR.
It’s all year round trail rides competition.
I was just curious about the life time on the Alta, as all the races are just about 30 to 40 Miles.
But it’s a hard race and some places a lot of sand.
Anyone here from Florida or participate at FTR?
Would love to know if Alta EXR would make it with the battery life
Any thoughts?
on my mx i average 20-25 miles, if i baby it i can get 30 miles but i rarely do.

metallic88

I still want to get it anyways tho!
Thanks for all the replays!

Does anyone has a total hours battery life on the trails with the 2019 EXR?
they all should be similar every alta has a 5.8kwh battery. they are fun bikes though(hard to ride a gas bike after lol). the battery is equivalent to just over 1 gallon on a 250f in all my tests

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
they all should be similar every alta has a 5.8kwh battery. they are fun bikes though(hard to ride a gas bike after lol). the battery is equivalent to just over 1 gallon on a 250f in all my tests
Oh crap. This reminds me. I am building a van with 4.8 kWh of LiFePO4 batteries in it to charge the bike at the track. If Alta is going to make a Redeshift with a "2-liter tank", then it will have at least a 10 kWh battery. The electric motor efficiency cannot be increased much, so the only way to increase the range is to install a battery with more kWh. This means my van will become obsolete. :cry: It should still be good for MX though.

metallic88

Oh crap. This reminds me. I am building a van with 4.8 kWh of LiFePO4 batteries in it to charge the bike at the track. If Alta is going to make a Redeshift with a "2-liter tank", then it will have at least a 10 kWh battery. The electric motor efficiency cannot be increased much, so the only way to increase the range is to install a battery with more kWh. This means my van will become obsolete. :cry: It should still be good for MX though.
yeah i wish mine had a 10kwh battery, then it be great for all my riding.

Scott

Fun fact; the EPA calculates that 33.7 kilowatt-hours of electricity is the equivalent to one gallon of gas. So, the Alta battery is equivalent to about .17 gallons of gas (5.8/33.7). So, lets say for argument sake you get 30 miles out a a full battery; that would be about 176 mpg equivalent (30/.17) which is not to bad. Electric propulsion is so much more efficient than internal combustion engines.