AltaWest is our official Forum's Sponsor!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings and salutations, Alta Owners!

I am proud to announce Michael @AltaWest as our official Forum's Sponsor for one full year!

Michael is an owner and a big fan of Alta motorcycles. He is also the owner or EV West, but he would like to express that he is here in a private capacity. Officially, EV West as a company is not yet involved with electric motorcycles.

As we already know, EV West was offered to become one of the wholesale buyers of some of Alta inventory. This inventory sale was necessary to pay off and settle debts with some of the many creditors, which was a pre-condition for the sale of Alta Motors. Michael @AltaWest is planning to offer this inventory to Alta owners on a retail basis here at AOF and/or on eBay.

Additionally, Michael @AltaWest would like to get involved in Alta projects to help customers with their batteries. The Alta's robotic ultrasonic battery welder is still owned by the ABC, but Michael said his company builds similar battery packs on a routine basis using a hand-held battery "stitcher". Failed wire connections can be re-attached and failed battery cells can be replaced.

I found it intriguing that Michael also thinks he could re-stuff entire MX/EX/SM batteries with Sony (MXR/EXR) cells to reduce their operating temperatures. I am thinking, using some of his other otherwise not very useful inventory, such as inverters and wire harnesses, it might be possible to extract the MXR/EXR power and performance out of the MX/EX/SM bikes if the necessary software changes can be made. But I am now dreaming...

We greatly appreciate the support of AltaWest. It will help us keep this valuable forum online and clicking fast.

Please welcome our new sponsor Michael @AltaWest to our forum.

Thank you!

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
Thanks for the warm reception! I couldn't be associated with a better group of folks. Hoping to start getting some parts listing up for you guys in the next week. In the meantime there's a group of 4 of us here around the shop with MXR's, so if anyone is up for riding in the SD/Imperial areas, please reach out. Thanks!

Butch

Poseur
Welcome!
The group of folks here are truely unique and awesome. Motorhead geeks this geeky are not that common, though the electric vehicle culture surely has created a community of them. And this fourm has created a community of really sharp engineering kinda folks who love to ride awesome motorcycles. I was first introduced to the EV crowd at the Laguna Seca Refuel event. The EV crowd is... passionate. Enthusiasts. Then I bought MX #019, and I'm pretty sold...

Come ride with us up here! We gotta get Clear Creek opened up. We could do an epic weekend.
I am going to try to get a bunch of Altas together for Carnegie on 2/24.
Heck, I've never been to Hungry Valley.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Greetings and salutations, Alta Owners!

I am proud to announce Michael @AltaWest as our official Forum's Sponsor for one full year!

Michael is an owner and a big fan of Alta motorcycles. He is also the owner or EV West, but he would like to express that he is here in a private capacity. Officially, EV West as a company is not yet involved with electric motorcycles.

As we already know, EV West was offered to become one of the wholesale buyers of some of Alta inventory. This inventory sale was necessary to pay off and settle debts with some of the many creditors, which was a pre-condition for the sale of Alta Motors. Michael @AltaWest is planning to offer this inventory to Alta owners on a retail basis here at AOF and/or on eBay.

Additionally, Michael @AltaWest would like to get involved in Alta projects to help customers with their batteries. The Alta's robotic ultrasonic battery welder is still owned by the ABC, but Michael said his company builds similar battery packs on a routine basis using a hand-held battery "stitcher". Failed wire connections can be re-attached and failed battery cells can be replaced.

I found it intriguing that Michael also thinks he could re-stuff entire MX/EX/SM batteries with Sony (MXR/EXR) cells to reduce their operating temperatures. I am thinking, using some of his other otherwise not very useful inventory, such as inverters and wire harnesses, it might be possible to extract the MXR/EXR power and performance out of the MX/EX/SM bikes if the necessary software changes can be made. But I am now dreaming...

We greatly appreciate the support of AltaWest. It will help us keep this valuable forum online and clicking fast.

Please welcome our new sponsor Michael @AltaWest to our forum.

Thank you!
Man I wish I had the money to sponsor Alta West in the development of parts to keep our machines running. I like where this is going!!!

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Man I wish I had the money to sponsor Alta West in the development of parts to keep our machines running. I like where this is going!!!
This will be a group effort to keep our bikes running, no one of us will have to foot the bill for future parts development when all of us will need the parts eventually.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
This will be a group effort to keep our bikes running, no one of us will have to foot the bill for future parts development when all of us will need the parts eventually.
Thats the truth.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
Welcome!
The group of folks here are truely unique and awesome. Motorhead geeks this geeky are not that common, though the electric vehicle culture surely has created a community of them. And this fourm has created a community of really sharp engineering kinda folks who love to ride awesome motorcycles. I was first introduced to the EV crowd at the Laguna Seca Refuel event. The EV crowd is... passionate. Enthusiasts. Then I bought MX #019, and I'm pretty sold...

Come ride with us up here! We gotta get Clear Creek opened up. We could do an epic weekend.
I am going to try to get a bunch of Altas together for Carnegie on 2/24.
Heck, I've never been to Hungry Valley.

We might have been at ReFuel at the same time. I’ve driven three different EVs at the event. What’s at Carnegie on 2/24? Wouldn’t Hollister Hills be a more suitable epic location for the area?

By the way, I estimate that I’ve driven 300,000 EV miles without gasoline or other fossil fuels. I’ve been Coast-to-Coast, and North-to-South in the USA. I even drove a 73 mile range Nissan LEAF from Mexico to Canada... in 2012.

Yes, we are a passionate group.