Alta Experiences

Marlle

Hello, and thanks for membership:)

First of all I became very sad, when I heard that Alta was shutting down production.

I really think they had a cool and exciting thing going on with their setup, and I hope they somehow will rise from the ashes again.

Or an investor will see the huge potential that lies in the future for electric bikes, and kickstart the project again.

In Denmark were I live we have the KTM Freeride E editions, but they don’t have the power needed to go to the track. This I why I find the Alta Redshift edition much more appealing.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it’s still possible to find Alta bikes either at dealers in the us or Europe?. Or maybe somebody else had an extra Redshift they, were considered selling.

And then generally hearing people’s thoughts and experiences with Alta bikes. Is a standard bike ready to go racing or how much upgrade does it need?. Is it still possible to get spare parts, support etc. ect.

Thanks

Martin

Trialsman

I have a really nice Redshift that I only put about seven hours since I bought it new. Check out the ad here;
For Sale - Street Legal MX
It's a whole lot less than I paid for it plus it has some really great features like skidplate, AltaVault,kickstand, and full lighting. I have another that I ride and since I bought the Alta I have a Freeride that just sits in the corner. They are fantastic.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
The bikes are ready to go racing after you get the suspension redone.

The MX suspension in stock trim is terrible (borderline dangerous) in my opinion. The AER48 forks on the MXR were great but lacked enough compression damping in stock trim for me. The stock shock on the MXR lacked both compression and rebound damping for me. The suspension feels much better after being revalved properly.

Scooter584

The bikes are ready to go racing after you get the suspension redone.

The MX suspension in stock trim is terrible (borderline dangerous) in my opinion. The AER48 forks on the MXR were great but lacked enough compression damping in stock trim for me. The stock shock on the MXR lacked both compression and rebound damping for me. The suspension feels much better after being revalved properly.

Who did your work? I have a free revalve from the shop I bought my Alta from just haven't had it done yet (almost a year!!) Haha but I will. You're right on the diagnosis. I'm used to KYB SSS though. Just asking because I am wondering since the Alta is different in terms of weight, rotating mass, and others if it was a typical suspension shop or someone that has experience with Altas.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Who did your work? I have a free revalve from the shop I bought my Alta from just haven't had it done yet (almost a year!!) Haha but I will. You're right on the diagnosis. I'm used to KYB SSS though. Just asking because I am wondering since the Alta is different in terms of weight, rotating mass, and others if it was a typical suspension shop or someone that has experience with Altas.

I do my own suspension work. A couple people have had luck with KTM World valving.

Mikec265

I do my own suspension work. A couple people have had luck with KTM World valving.
KTM World did a great job on my MXR suspension. My stock fork internals we're hammered from whoops. Would have been cheaper if I had it redone right away.