Alta Enthusiast

Shift1313

Hey guys, thanks for cluing me into this forum from TT. My name is Matt and I have been eyeing the Alta since it was first in development. I have worked in many motorcycles shops over the years and have been riding dirt since about 96 or so. I am on the east coast in VA and currently ride a KTM 450sxf/smr and a 250xc. I try to do a bit of everything from Supermoto, mx, woods etc. I did race a bit of supermoto but life currently doesn't allow much free time. I manage a group of engineers doing consulting CAD work all over the country and have been doing this for a very long time and have lots of clients in the moto industry. Looking to get my hands on an MXR next year to hopefully and try it out on the trails, mx and supermoto tracks.

snydes

Staff member
Hello Matt! I just seen a shop in Harrisonburg came on as an Alta dealer. Be careful of test rides, I was planning on waiting till next year myself...then I rode one and was hooked.

Shift1313

Thanks Snydes! Only a 2hr drive from me to Hburg! No doubt that I will like one. i would really love it if the MXR was street legal! I have a 450 with a tag and hopefully my 250xc soon. It would open up so many more riding spots around here with fire trails and things that are open only to tagged bikes.

snydes

Staff member
If I were to guess I’d say next years EX and SM model will probably have this year’s MXR performance specs if the EX would better suit your needs, but then that means there would probably be a better MXR too. I can let you know what the MSO looks like, I know all the KTM/Husky/Gasgas guys around here plate their off road bikes because their titles come back as a regular motorcycle title and not an ORV. Not sure if Virginia is the same in that regard or not with how they title those bikes.