Alta demo in Michigan this weekend

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings everyone! There will be an Alta Demo at Martin MX in Michigan this weekend, August 18 and 19th.

It will run 11-5 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.

Track Schedule - 2018 Motocross Season - Martin MX Park

Good morning everyone! We are excited to announce that US27 Motorsports & Trailers is bringing Alta Motors out for a Demo weekend on AUGUST 18TH & 19TH. This will run along with our normal practices that weekend. Alta will have 6 demos out, and they will be available on a first come first serve basis. Hope you can come out, spin some laps and check out the new Alta Redshift MX on August 18th & 19th.​
37723458_2035296636482576_8036287262863917056_n.jpg
July 27 at 9:49 AM · Public​

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I got a chance to test out the EX and the EXR.

Both have a top speed of 75 mph (the dash says).

The EX and EXR suspension is way too soft. The EX has the 4CS fork that clunks when it tops out. The EXR has an Explor fork, which is much nicer. Still, too soft. The EX should come with the MX suspension, and the EXR should come with the MXR suspension from the factory. And the MX/MXR should be revalved with more damping.

The MXR suspension is the same as mine used to be, so I didn't ride the MXR.

I liked the EX/EXR seat! It is softer than the MX/MXR seat. I was tempted to switch seats, if someone allowed me, but then I realized that I would be sitting lower. I want to sit in the same place or higher. I think I will just buy some thin memory foam and try to add it on top of the stock foam. I want a wider, softer, and slightly taller seat.

Oded

You are right about the EX's fork clunking when topping out. Is it something I should be worried about, or that is how these 4CS shocks work?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I had that fork clunk on my MX too until I revalved my suspension and added damping. It don't think it is dangerous, but it certainly does not sound good, it does not feel good on you hands, and it sort of upsets the bike in whoops and sand rollers by kerning the front end down.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
No, it's the low-speed rebound damping that keeps it from clunking. Maybe your clickers are almost in, or you got a special one-off MX suspension that nobody else has!

I think we've established my MX is "special"...... first water pump failure, first broken motor case, longest time at the dealer..... three things no other MX can claim (to my knowledge)! LOL

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think we've established my MX is "special"...... first water pump failure, first broken motor case, longest time at the dealer..... three things no other MX can claim (to my knowledge)! LOL
If you'd like, we could establish an annual forum trophy for "The Most Special Alta". It could be a tie though between your most time at the dealer and most troubles, and @Mark911 's most customized and most expensive.

Top Bottom