Adding a light to the Varg - 12v available?

duug

Hello,

My Varg is due in November and I would like to add a light to the front and while there is a lot of energy in that battery, can any of it be used for accessories? I would not want to tap into the high voltage lines, but they clearly have a lower voltage going to charge the phone. That could be the standard USB of 12v and 500ma. That would not be enough to power a light or any other accessories, but it could provide a charging current to an external battery pack for a light.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing what others have learned or evaluated.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think there will most likely be an enduro version of the Varg with all the road legal lights. There must be some sort of step-down converter from 400V to 12V and a wiring harness for the auxiliary lights. I am betting the converter is already there, but the auxiliary harness is probably missing on the motocross version. So... we need someone at Start Future to tell us what connector to tap into, or someone to figure it out.

Without that, there are aftermarket dirt bike lights that use their own external batteries.

Redbull

For what’s it’s worth, I wrote to Baja Designs and they said there are no plans whatsoever to make a headlight for the Varg.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
For what’s it’s worth, I wrote to Baja Designs and they said there are no plans whatsoever to make a headlight for the Varg.
Baja never made any lights for Alta either. The light mask was a polisport so it was easier to retrofit. I assume once Varg has there own OEM headlight mask, fitting a light will work

duug

Thank you all for the responses. While I started off just thinking of a light. I'm now thinking about making it street legal if only for the occasional ride to or from a trail. Texas doesn't need turn signals, but I would need hi/low beams (with indicator) as well as a tail light/brake light/plate light and a horn. I believe all of that is possible even if externally powered by a lipo pack.

While they are certainly focused on getting the dirtbike to market, have you all heard about a possible enduro model that may be easier to transform?

duug

So I wrote Stark Future's support and asked a similar question. Here is their response:

The VARG will not offer external 12v accessories sockets. As you mentioned, we strongly recommend not to modify the original electrical system as it's High-Voltage and quite sensitive, thus could affect the bike's performance and safety. We can only suggest that you consider battery operated aftermarket solutions.

Beckern

Thank you all for the responses. While I started off just thinking of a light. I'm now thinking about making it street legal if only for the occasional ride to or from a trail. Texas doesn't need turn signals, but I would need hi/low beams (with indicator) as well as a tail light/brake light/plate light and a horn. I believe all of that is possible even if externally powered by a lipo pack.

While they are certainly focused on getting the dirtbike to market, have you all heard about a possible enduro model that may be easier to transform?
Question is if we can find a place to stuff a small Li pack.
I also looking for a street legal light. Need to be E- markes (EU) to get plates on.