Adding a Build Section to the Forum?

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
All the forums that I have been a part of (from what I can remember) there is always been a build section part of the forum. Some place to document what the members have done to their machines.

Would make it easy to see what we have done (as well as non-members) to our Alta's for the owners intended purpose. As well as when the bike goes up for sale, prospective buyers can look at & see what has been done to the bike. I find this has been extremely helpful in the past.

Pretty please... :D

Scooter584

I like it! I have been meaning to add to a few coversations, I asked about things to watch out for and "fixes" or mods that need done out of the box and got some great info. A build page would be sweet, Sharing is caring!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea, if we can get enough threads with people showing and telling everything that they have done: mods, upgrades, changes, etc... What do you think the name of this sub-forum should be? Builds? Mods?

Please PM me the links to the forums where you see such a sub-forum working well, I want to see how it is working there.

Right now people are posting this info in Technical, Accessories, or General categories. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any posts in the General sub-forum, or elsewhere, telling about all the changes that they have done to their bikes. This means the new forum will be empty until people start creating threads that fit there. Not a problem though, if the set up environment is clear and conducive to sharing.

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
Thanks for being receptive Phillip!

Grom Forum
Honda Grom Forum I have a 25 pager there. Look under WV_Grom's Build

The above is representative of the other forums. As you stated, peeps are posting all over what they have done. In the "Alta Builds" or "builds" (because it IS an Alta forum) we can have individual builds all in one place.

Additionally, as you know, Alta owners are sprinkled all over very lightly. Not like owning any other dirt bike, such as KTM, Husky & a plethora of Japanese machines. As Alta ownership grows in numbers, so won't this Forum, as well as the "Builds" section.