Would you buy a Harley EV?

enjoythesilenc

I would like to be able to purchase a home grown bantam weight. Wouldn't the talent and brainpower represented in our AOF membership be able to produce this bike?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

B37

Really good film from F9 (he has good content) which in general goes into explanation of Harley.

Agreed with @Judaslefourbe . HD is a piece of work and the attitude is a little too late. Doesnt help one of there investors also annoyed that HD went down the path of "EVs" and mobility than actual motorcycles.

Harley-Davidson and Impala Call a Truce Over Board of Directors Battle

Such a good video, that guy does have pretty good content. So I am guessing heart not really in it.

B37

I would like to be able to purchase a home grown bantam weight. Wouldn't the talent and brainpower represented in our AOF membership be able to produce this bike?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have seen videos of hopped up Surron x that put out 20hp with a 72v pack and upgraded controller, and with good components look like a blast for smaller options.

B37

NO. I would just as soon ride a sofa! And it would be ICE if I had too.
After what HD did to Alta? How dare you lol
Haha, I can’t get to the bottom of what did they do? I just speculate about no investment follow on but have not real info to go on. Wtf happened!?!

VINSANITY

It has been stated before but worth stating again Harley has been and still is the grim reaper of the US motorcycle industry

it will be great when there baby boomer lemming customers can’t ride those crapy bikes anymore because they all have arthritis from vibration, cancer from the exhaust and are deaf from that stupid exhaust noise.

FYI - the exhaust note they all love is a massive design flaw from 1918 or something like that when those cave men attempted to make a V twin out of two singles - they haven’t advanced since

HOG - Hunk Of Garbage

snydes

Staff member
Haha, I can’t get to the bottom of what did they do? I just speculate about no investment follow on but have not real info to go on. Wtf happened!?!

While I can't confirm the accuracy, from the bits I have gathered this is the summary I put together... Alta had an agreement with Harley that while partnered together, Alta could not seek additional investors/funding. Harley held back their money, hired away some of their employees and watched Alta die while their hands were tied and they couldn't do a thing about it. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but until one of our former Alta peeps is clear to give the full story, that's the story I'm sticking to.

F451

While I can't confirm the accuracy, from the bits I have gathered this is the summary I put together... Alta had an agreement with Harley that while partnered together, Alta could not seek additional investors/funding. Harley held back their money, hired away some of their employees and watched Alta die while their hands were tied and they couldn't do a thing about it. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but until one of our former Alta peeps is clear to give the full story, that's the story I'm sticking to.

Oh I had not pieced together this evil scheme. I had assumed it was just a business deal gone bad where Harley pulled their funding at the last minute and Alta was unprepared and unable to continue without the expected revenue. I had not heard about employee poaching or binding agreements about not being able to find alternate sources of funding.

I've been trying not to hate HD for my whole life, hoping they would somehow turn around and produce the kinds of products I would purchase (a normal range of street and dirt bikes), but this might finally push me over the edge. Just thinking this might be the real story behind Alta's demise has got me steamed.

Now my morning cinnamon bagel is going to be eaten in a very angry manner.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Harley Davidson lawyers also prevented KTM and other established motorcycle companies from buying Alta Motors when it went bankrupt and could be bought for a mere $5M. This finally and irreversibly killed Alta Motors.

Trialsman

Harley Davidson lawyers also prevented KTM and other established motorcycle companies from buying Alta Motors when it went bankrupt and could be bought for a mere $5M. This finally and irreversibly killed Alta Motors.
I used to just hate HD, now knowing more of the underhanded dealings on their part, it goes far beyond hate. They deserve every bad thing this struggling economy can throw at them, with any luck, they will go belly up. Long live the spirit of Alta that remains.

B37

🙁, What was the motivation?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I hope Harley continues on their current trajectory and dies a slow death with their balls stuck in thorny bushes.

Does that answer your question? :)
I know you know what happened, but due to NDA's you can't say, is there an expiration on the NDA you are bound by?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
It has been stated before but worth stating again Harley has been and still is the grim reaper of the US motorcycle industry

it will be great when there baby boomer lemming customers can’t ride those crapy bikes anymore because they all have arthritis from vibration, cancer from the exhaust and are deaf from that stupid exhaust noise.

FYI - the exhaust note they all love is a massive design flaw from 1918 or something like that when those cave men attempted to make a V twin out of two singles - they haven’t advanced since

HOG - Hunk Of Garbage
Laughing my a$$ off!

Butch

Poseur
You guys are kinda mean. Everyone has a thing, eh?
full disclosure, I think humans are just incredibly, unbelievably, unimagnibly, mean and stupid. If perhaps there is a 70% turnout in the November election i will be happy beyond expression.

Hope.