Would you buy a Harley EV?

B37

Would you guys buy a HD ev? LiveWire is pretty good ( other than the slow L2 charger @1500 W), and they are supposed to have more options coming. Not really sure the whole story with HD and Alta, and would not be bad to support another American manufacturer if they continue to come out with good electric offerings. Thoughts?

Mikec265

No. I don't want to own a street bike, but if I did I would never buy a Harley anyhow. I was anti Harley before it was cool on this forum.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor

F451

I would love to support a US based motorcycle mfr including Harley, even with their checkered past re Alta, but they just don't offer any bikes I'm interested in and haven't since I can remember (1960's, yes I'm old).

The last Harley I was excited about was Johnny Shocio's (show-show's) 60's something Electra Glide. He was a borderline JD (juvenile delinquent) from down the block who we were all semi-terrified of but we all loved his bad ass Electra Glide. There were a lot of borderline JD's in my old neighborhood with awesome bikes back in the 60's and 70's, it was great.

F451

The only Harley I ever considered...

View attachment 5399

Built by Aermacchi, Italy. Italian motor, Japanese suspension, ignition, and tires, Spanish rims. Add it to the long list of almosts by HD. Too bad, could have been developed into a competitive bike and led to all kinds of spin off models bringing a whole new swath of loyal long term customers to HD.

Trialsman

When I saw the "would you ever buy a HD" .... besides NO, that is the first bike I thought of. I almost bought one when they came out but I wanted a big bore and it was only a 250. It was a neat bike, too bad it fizzled.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Wouldn't own one of their excuses for a motorcycle, and that was even before they gave me another reason to dislike the brand.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Harley riders are also mean or unfriendly with other bikers who ride non-Harleys. They rarely wave, even if you wave them first. If this is their way of encouraging me to buy a Harley and earn their approval, they are badly mistaken.

That tidbit alone makes me not want to associate with H-D. And it also makes me want to see fewer Harley riders on the road. If we had fewer Harleys around, maybe 20-30 years from now they would become cool again.

Matt

E-Rider
They really shot themselves in the foot with the LiveWire when they soured the market that would be thier early adopters. I am sure if things hadn't gone south with Alta that a number of Alta owners would of been interested in the bike.

Butch

Poseur
So my pal Denny, BARF owner, riding bud since the eighties, rented a Harley in Hawaii, pictured. We raced AFM back in he day. He had an RG500 Gamma. Podium finisher.

He actually bought a harley, for the chicks and all. After taking delivery from the dealer, he rode back because the motor was not making any power and the brakes didnt work.

Sales manager took it for a ride. Said, uh, this is normal. What do you normally ride?

GSXR750... Apples? Oranges?

He still got the chicks. We are older now.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Rix