Who wants to ride in the snow?

bluefxstc

I have EX #027 and I have different regen in the various maps than advertised by Alta in the EX spec sheet. On my bike only minor regen difference between map 1 & 2 with map 3 being noticeably stronger and map 4 stronger still. You can definitely feel the difference and I measured the distance to stop from 35mph to confirm what I was feeling. I never took my bike into have the firmware updated specifically because I wanted the stronger regen in map 3.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I have EX #027 and I have different regen in the various maps than advertised by Alta in the EX spec sheet. On my bike only minor regen difference between map 1 & 2 with map 3 being noticeably stronger and map 4 stronger still. You can definitely feel the difference and I measured the distance to stop from 35mph to confirm what I was feeling. I never took my bike into have the firmware updated specifically because I wanted the stronger regen in map 3.

You have confirmed what @Oded had experienced, and @Rashid510 confirmed there was a change to the regen with a FW update.

bluefxstc, do you know which firmware version you have?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I don't know what you mean with blast. This a kit from Canada and the battery holds about half an hour of really funny drifting. I'll put a short video in the video section.
"Blast" as its used in this context is an American slang term for "really really really fun". Can't wait to see your video.

Sumik

"Blast" as its used in this context is an American slang term for "really really really fun". Can't wait to see your video.
Thanks for explanation :) Yes, it's really really fun. You can watch the short video on previous page. There is a youtube link. I have much more of it but don't want to waste the space on this super forum.

Reactions: Rix

AltaWest

Forum's Sponsor
We went on a ride this weekend, and accidentally got greeted by snow. The Alta handled it like a champ, but the snow kills the range. Almost the whole ride wide open in Map1. Higher maps just caused more wheel slip. Fun times though.

Instagram Link to Videos

Mark911

I didn't even know that someone/thing has actually "rated" FUN levels until #73 made reference to it in one of his posts. There's Fun Type 1.0, Type 2.0, Type 3.0 etc. Of course, I had to google half the stuff he wrote to understand what he was saying! Silver tongue indeed. Lol.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I didn't even know that someone/thing has actually "rated" FUN levels until #73 made reference to it in one of his posts. There's Fun Type 1.0, Type 2.0, Type 3.0 etc. Of course, I had to google half the stuff he wrote to understand what he was saying! Silver tongue indeed. Lol.
I sense there is a learning lesson here, I will have google it as I have no idea.

Trialsman

I looked out the window about midnight last night. I wanted to go out then but waited until this morning. This was the maiden voyage for my new '19 EXR and I think I'm going to like it !!! I set it up similar to my '17 but with a few more mods, like the AltaVault, Ohlins damper, all LED lighting, and the carbon/Kevlar skidplate
IMG_5524.jpg
IMG_5525.jpg
IMG_5526.jpg
IMG_5529.jpg

allesad

Nice bike!

What are the mfr/sources for the black engine side covers, and mud flaps.
Do the engine covers provide protection? or just style? or both

Trialsman

The engine side covers I took off, sandblasted, then Painted with SEM trim black paint (Style only). The skid plate is one I made from Kevlar and carbon fiber and it is for protection. Last week at Highland park I got to test it. For the entire trip it keep almost every bit of mud off the battery and the protection from impact extends up the sides as well as back to the linkage arm. As for the mud flaps, this is an old school enduro set up and it keeps the goo off the bike and you. It was all DIY.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I see the ground isn't frozen. I can imagine what the lawn looked like after the snow melted!

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Actually, I had the wife's reaction in mind when I saw that!!! DEFINITELY not worth the effort

Mikec265

Us rednecks just figure it's less grass to mow. Instead of lawn and garden competitions, we just have more fun than our neighbors.