Where did you ride your Alta today?

F451

Feel free to share pics/stories of recent rides you've done on your Altas in this thread if you like. Or any bike for that matter now that I think about it. Ok, technically, this was last Sunday, but went out for a quick late afternoon ride on my '18 MXR, my first time putting any real road miles on it. OMG. I need a super moto wheel/tire setup asap! Lol. Did about 33 miles, mostly putt-ing along on the pavement, mostly map 2, got home with slightly less then 1/4 charge. Not bad. These pics are all from the Upper Snoqualmie Valley area, close to Mt. Si, just east of Seattle, WA. Mt. Si is the "Twin Peaks" mountain btw. Amazing scenery around every corner.

First stop, overlooking the Dirt Fish Rally School property, Snoqualmie River in the background.

IMG_4398-M.jpg

IMG_4400-M.jpg

I noticed the elk were not happy about the sound of the electric bike, something new and threatening, they were on alert big time. They mostly ignore ICE cars, trucks, motorcycles. The horses on the other hand were not giving me a second glance. A couple of threatening dogs were also on alert over the unfamiliar sound but left me alone thank goodness.

IMG_4422-L.jpg

The "back" side of Mt. Si from the North Fork Rd, aka FR 25.

IMG_4423-L.jpg

Back in closer to town, the old Mill Pond with Mt. Si in the background. This is a favorite photo spot, an amazing place that always delivers. Sadly, the mill pond is a toxic waste site, so while it looks beautiful, you definitely do not want to go in the water, and you definitely do not want to disturb the mud (in case you were considering visiting and going in for a dip and all that). The river across the street is a better spot for swimming, although the river water is FREEZING all year round, and there's the issue of the falls just downstream, ha ha.

IMG_4428-L.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics, feel free to share your own pics, epic, not epic, its all good in my book. -Ed

Ps: I got my Alta not too long ago so am still discovering what its all about, so please excuse the excitement, but holy cow, I LOVE this bike. Can't believe Alta is gone. Keeping my fingers crossed Honda will start selling a comparable e-bike soon, but am skeptical they can get it as good as the Alta. Mainly the throttle control part of it, I think that may be the one thing that continues to blow my mind about the Alta, the bike always seems to give me just what I'm asking for, in just the way I want it. Can't wait to get it up in the single track in the mountains. Good job Alta!

privateer703

AOF Addict
Since we're sharing, I'll share this one. I was commuting to work this past winter on my '06 Victory Jackpot in the pre-dawn hours of the morning. Cruising along in the HOV lane (route 66 headed into DC) when I hit a pothole. Keep in mind that not only is this a heavy cruiser, I also lowered it. So I wasn't surprised when I bottomed out.. hard. But I was surprised that I hit so hard my headlight bulb broke. The bike never slowed down or indicated anything was wrong, and I was already more than halfway through my commute, so I continued on (flipping on the high beam so I had some light). I got to work and noticed some oil leaking off the oil cooler, which is located on the fwd side of the frame, underneath the headlight, just forward of the front cylinder head. I thought I might have knocked a fitting loose on the oil cooler. I was bummed, cause this may be difficult to repair. When I got to my office and started taking off my gear, I had oil all over my over-pants and riding boots. a LOT of oil. I went back out to the bike but couldn't find anything. At this point I know something is really wrong and I just don't feel comfortable driving it home. Took and uber home, got a trailer, went back to work, loaded the bike up, went home and started cleaning all the oil off so I could figure out where the leak was. I found the leak without having to run it. The front cylinder head was cracked all the way through and into the rocker box cover.
Cracked_Cyl.jpg

Long story short, I got her back this weekend with a new cylinder and rocker box cover. Here she is on the trailer (sorry for the rotated pic) when I was worried that the insurance company would total it. Cost came to $3k, my insurance company values the bike at $3600.

Jackpot_Ontrailer.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
the LS218 (218 mph at Bonnieville) is like $30K, I think. Ths one, the Strike, is like $13K.
I already have four motorcycles and not enough time to ride them...
Only four? What, do you have another full time job or something??!

Matt

E-Rider
Tried to go to a practice day at Pavilion Mx but they closed due to weather. Fortunately Area 51 mx stayed open even though it rained a bunch. Need to switch out my rear tire for sure. Did about 40-45 minutes hard and used a whole charge.Average moving speed was 23 mph. Quite a bit of wheel spin. This pic was after my first 14 minute ride on the track.20190423_180004.jpg

Mikec265

Tried to go to a practice day at Pavilion Mx but they closed due to weather. Fortunately Area 51 mx stayed open even though it rained a bunch. Need to switch out my rear tire for sure. Did about 40-45 minutes hard and used a whole charge.Average moving speed was 23 mph. Quite a bit of wheel spin. This pic was after my first 14 minute ride on the track.View attachment 2900
How is Area 51? I drive by on i90 a lot in my semi. Wondering if it's worth a 2.5 hour drive.

Matt

E-Rider
The main track is sweet. This is their arena cross track. They also have a fun intermediate track. Look at their website to see when the main one is open and go when you can ride on the main track. It has some fun hills built into the course and a variety of fun jumps and features. All the jumps are relatively safe in that you can case them all and be okay. I will try and get out on their main track one of these days and get a video to post. I was on it last Wednesday and it was very fun.

F451

How is Area 51? I drive by on i90 a lot in my semi. Wondering if it's worth a 2.5 hour drive.

I live literally 5 mins from I90 out here in WA State. For some reason it never occurs to me that I90 spans the entire continent. When I read this I was like, wait, what? I've never heard of this Area 51 track, where is it? Lol.

Its only 39 hours and 2606 miles away! Sweet. I can visit the upstate relatives while I'm there and I can consider shooting up to Cape Breton to see the cousins up there too. Always wanted to get some dirt biking in up on Cape Breton Island.

I90SEA2NYState-M.jpg

And not from today, but from one of my first rides on my MXR, just to keep the thread ride pic-ish. This is on top of a climb that I used to struggle with all the time. You can't tell, but there is a steep hill just beyond the clearing. Cruised right up it on my MXR, was like cheating. Looking east/north-east across the lower Snoqualmie Valley.
IMG_4184-M.jpg

F451

^^^ Sweet @ElectroBraap!

And I saw your most excellent vid on Moon Rocks! Brought back some great memories of a winter riding trip we took down there years ago.

Our late, good buddy Drew on the left, me on the right. Moon Rocks is bitter sweet for me, we had a great time but the mention of it always reminds me of Drew. He was a real character, a great friend, and an excellent rider. He always had a smile on his face, we all miss him so much.

IMG_2771-M.jpg

Here's Electro's Moon Rocks vid, some sweet riding to be had there. I will be back some day.

F451

Anybody get out on their Alta's this weekend?

I got invited to the Bonehead Enduro put on by the Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts (VME) which was happening in my area. It's a mix of old and new bikes, a semi organized scavenger hunt out in the woods on the dirt roads. They planned about 60 miles, I planned on cruising 20 miles out and back. Not really my type of riding but I do enjoy the vintage bikes (sold my '73 Bonneville 750 not long ago), and I was curious how far out in the woods I could get from my driveway and back. Turns out I was pretty much spot on, 40 miles, cruising 25-45 mph, maps 2 & 3.

Meeting up early. I didn't know anyone, but everyone was very friendly and curious about the Alta (of course).
IMG_4560-M.jpg

IMG_4564-M.jpg

My favorite bike of the day, T100:
IMG_4571-M.jpg

Beautiful day for a ride.
IMG_4600-M.jpg

Heading back over the one lane bridge, low on charge, range anxiety setting in.
IMG_4615-M.jpg

Made it home!
IMG_4617-M.jpg

Boneheads offroadin', Lol.