What do you think of this?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Let me summarize his math that doesn't add up in his mind:

"For an extra $2,000 you get more than twice the horsepower and a real dirt bike, but you do not get twice the range, therefore the Alta's battery technology is not that great. Besides, KTM is a bigger company, therefore they will always be making better bikes."

Christian

"For an extra $2,000 you get more than twice the horsepower and a real dirt bike, but you do not get twice the range, therefore the Alta's battery technology is not that great. Besides, KTM is a bigger company, therefore they will
always be making better bikes."

I didn’t know if it was just me, but I thought he was being biased towards Ktm

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool

"For an extra $2,000 you get more than twice the horsepower and a real dirt bike, but you do not get twice the range, therefore the Alta's battery technology is not that great. Besides, KTM is a bigger company, therefore they will always be making better bikes."
That's got to be some of the weirdest logic I have encountered in a while....

metallic88

and he thinks the alta isnt liquid cooled, when it clearly is with a well designed frame as the radiator.

Trialsman

Yeah but like he said, he knows the Alta (never ridden) so he doesn't have to to make his comparisons.

I have a FreeRide and two EXRs. I'm keeping all three, but I haven't even started the FreeRide since I got the Alta.

F451

Had to stop watching after 12 mins, wanted to jab pencils in my ears to make it stop.

Which is too bad. The E Free Rides are great bikes. The Altas are great bikes. End of story. Unless you’re suffering from some type of inferiority complex.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
He owns the KTM, not the Alta, so of course the KTM is better because he made the right buying decision, of course.
He does acknowledge near the beginning comparing the Alta to the KTM Eride is like comparing the 500EXC to the 250 freeride power difference wise. I felt that was very accurate.

Rix

Comparing the Eride weight wise to an EXR, the gap is much closer to a MX or MXR like 15 pounds difference vs 33 or what ever he said it was. Just finished watching the whole video, he doesn't understand how volts/amps work for motor power output. He has a lot to learn.

F451

He does acknowledge near the beginning comparing the Alta to the KTM Eride is like comparing the 500EXC to the 250 freeride power difference wise. I felt that was very accurate.

Yes, he got some things correct, but he also got a number of things incorrect, and made a huge number of assumptions. Which is too bad, the info is out there.

It just seemed like a very long winded, and lazy, defense of the KTM by way of comparing it to the Altas. I had to stop watching when he was talking about the KTM suspension and how there are thousands of KTM's out there with this suspension, parts are easy to get, etc. I guess he was implying the Alta suspension is the opposite, which is just not true. He obviously doesn't know what suspension the Altas have.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do an edited version of his video for him with stop frame "slides" added to clarify all of the things he is either got out right wrong, or is exaggerating.

Watching the vid I was looking forward to good comparo between the two bikes as I was genuinely interested, but it wasn't anything like that IMO, and was a missed opportunity to provide some real world info for all of us.

Rix

Yes, he got some things correct, but he also got a number of things incorrect, and made a huge number of assumptions. Which is too bad, the info is out there.

It just seemed like a very long winded, and lazy, defense of the KTM by way of comparing it to the Altas. I had to stop watching when he was talking about the KTM suspension and how there are thousands of KTM's out there with this suspension, parts are easy to get, etc. I guess he was implying the Alta suspension is the opposite, which is just not true. He obviously doesn't know what suspension the Altas have.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do an edited version of his video for him with stop frame "slides" added to clarify all of the things he is either got out right wrong, or is exaggerating.

Watching the vid I was looking forward to good comparo between the two bikes as I was genuinely interested, but it wasn't anything like that IMO, and was a missed opportunity to provide some real world info for all of us.
You and others alluded to it, he has not owned an Alta, and makes assumptions based on what?, his experience with the Eride I guess. And I agree with your assessment, "seemed like a very long winded, and lazy, defense of the KTM by comparing it to the Altas". That is exactly what it was.

Trialsman

You and others alluded to it, he has not owned an Alta, and makes assumptions based on what?, his experience with the Eride I guess.

When I first saw the Alta in while riding in GA, I had never even heard of them much less seen one in person. After the test ride (swapping between my highly modified FreeRide and the Alta) I was so impressed I bought one on the spot! I have never looked back and still own two of them. These guys did a super job of designing a MOTORCYCLE, not a cobbled together bicycle with a battery and motor. As I have also said before, the care to which it was assembled was the best build quality I have ever encountered, almost a work of art. If this guy wants to make a comparison, let him buy and ride one for an extended time. Then I will take what he has to say with some consideration - not now.

Top Bottom