What Can an Alta NOT Do?

evh1

Well, my EXR has been a daily commuter, run a National enduro, been on a MX track and trail riding. Add to that list as a Hunting Platform! If you hunt and aren't using your bike to snoop around, don't overlook it. I can load up and drive too close really to a stand and lay the bike down and not worry about gas dripping etc. I use it to scout Everywhere. I dropped the sag to 3.5 inches to make it super easy to straddle and mush around the wood and softened the front n rear suspension clickers some. Who will use all that travel just tooting around. I can walk my bike around like it's just me walking to ease around tight areas or weave thru briers or trees or cross ditches etc. No disturbing the woods too. Deer seem very curious and don't spook badly if at all. I'm having a blast using mine for hunting... try it!

20190109_141351.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
The only thing I envision these bikes having problems being is long range touring machines... But somehow I think I'm pointing out the obvious.

ageess

Well, my EXR has been a daily commuter, run a National enduro, been on a MX track and trail riding. Add to that list as a Hunting Platform! If you hunt and aren't using your bike to snoop around, don't overlook it. I can load up and drive too close really to a stand and lay the bike down and not worry about gas dripping etc. I use it to scout Everywhere. I dropped the sag to 3.5 inches to make it super easy to straddle and mush around the wood and softened the front n rear suspension clickers some. Who will use all that travel just tooting around. I can walk my bike around like it's just me walking to ease around tight areas or weave thru briers or trees or cross ditches etc. No disturbing the woods too. Deer seem very curious and don't spook badly if at all. I'm having a blast using mine for hunting... try it!

can you charge the alta with this honda 2000w generator ßßßß please let me know .

View attachment 2011

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I imagine at elevations under 3000 feet a 2kw generator would be adequate, just barely though.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
can you charge the alta with this honda 2000w generator? please let me know .

The Honda EU2000 is the generator I use. I have the ALTA rapid charger and a 110V adapter. It is not fast but I don't get any errors or have any problems. I have not tried to use it at higher altitudes.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I too have used a Honda eu2000 to charge my EXR with the fast charger and 110v adapter. Takes 3+ hours to charge completely from near dead, but works fine up to around 5000ft elevation, perhaps higher but I haven't tried it yet.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I too have used a Honda eu2000 to charge my EXR with the fast charger and 110v adapter. Takes 3+ hours to charge completely from near dead, but works fine up to around 5000ft elevation, perhaps higher but I haven't tried it yet.
Good to know, I figured due to thinner air/oxygen, 5000 ft would cost the generator at least 20% of its potential output, but based on what you have experienced, that doesn't' seem to be the case.

evh1

I use the 2000 on 110v and a 110v plug conversion and as you say, it does it, but 3-4 hours. So, overnight it's no prob. If I want to recharge during the day because I scouted alot or just went for a joy ride (Moto & Hunting - weee), the generator next o it is a 5000 W and it'll charge on a 30a circuit in 1.5+ hours.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
THX did somebody use the honda on 220v output with fastcharger ? We have only 220v Generator here in Germany :) Please let me know
You would need to obtain a second Honda 220v and a parallel operation kit to sustain the fast charger in Europe. Look up Lyndon's charging setup that he was planning to use for erzberg as an example.

snydes

Staff member
You would need to obtain a second Honda 220v and a parallel operation kit to sustain the fast charger in Europe. Look up Lyndon's charging setup that he was planning to use for erzberg as an example.

Could you link that info? I’m interested in seeing that setup. Two European generators to run the fast charger... that would disprove the idea of getting a European generator for charging an Alta.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I don't remember where I saw Lyndon's setup, it was recently on this site I think, but this is the unit he was using Honda eu22
This would not be the most affordable route to Charge our bikes though.

PatW

I live at 7800FT and my EU2000 CANNOT charge my EXR with a fast charger converted to 120V. It starts to charge for about 20 seconds and then bogs down. This cycle continues on/off.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I live at 7800FT and my EU2000 CANNOT charge my EXR with a fast charger converted to 120V. It starts to charge for about 20 seconds and then bogs down. This cycle continues on/off.
Good to know the limits of the little generator, not good for much above 5000 feet.