Want to setup the bike for my weight.

Geci

Hi all, I've been riding my bike with stock suspension and I really liked to know what it would feel like if it was setup for my weight.

Would it be enough if I order the correct rear spring from Racetech.com? I used their calculator and it recommended a 5.38kg/mm vs the stock 5.8kg/mm spring. Also would I need to valve the fronts or would adjusting it to the correct psi do the trick?
What do you recommend I should do? Has anyone gone through racetech or its better just to send em out and get it done professionally?

Thanks

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Geci -- First check if you have a MXR Rear Shock v.1 or v.2

If you have v.1, then you need to revalve the shock. Sent it to N2Dirt ot KTM World.

If you have v.2, then revalving is not your first, and not even a second priority.

First set the race sag to 90mm. This seems to be a safe setting for the MXR.

Then play with the fork air pressure in 5-10 psi increments.

Then play with the front end height.

What's your riding skill level?

If you feel the suspension is too stiff for you, spend $80 to buy a one step softer rear spring (57 N/mm or 5.8 kg/mm). See how it feels. Repeat all the steps above.

Your stock spring is 60 N/mm, it says so right on the spring. Do not waste time on using the RaceTech calculator, I have yet to see a bike for which it is accurate and actually works.